MECHANIC: Competition to win, by commentating on a special sporting moment.
SHORT TERMS: Commentate on a special PL moment for a chance to win. UK, ROI, CI & IoM, 16+. (U18s adult consent and accompaniment to prize) Normal exclusions apply. Available at selected Premier League Trophy tour locations. Internet and a public Instagram/Twitter required. Enter on bus whilst at location, best judged 8 forwarded to a public knock out vote in May 2019. Prize of an exclusive trip to IMG Studios, the home of Premier League Productions for winner + 2 friends. For dates and locations plus full T&Cs see https://www.coca-cola.co.uk/take-the-mic-terms-and-conditions.
Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or competition materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland who are aged sixteen (16) or older at the time of entry. (U18s may need parental consent and may need to be accompanied by an adult to an experience if they are a winner).
2. Employees of
3. The competition is not open to professional radio commentators or those who are public speakers, or closely related to any radio station, freelance station or those carrying out regular voice communication in the form of personal blogs etc. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the Competition.
4. No Purchase necessary
5. Entrants must attend one of the Premier League Trophy tour locations and visit and be booked into the “Take the Mic” booth.
6. Entrants will be played a selected 40-60 second video clip with an original commentary. The entrants will then be played the same clip, however with no commentary and will deliver their own “commentary” to the clip.
7. Entrants must have access to the internet and an active Twitter or Instagram account. If you do not have a Twitter or Instagram account, you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this. Proof of ownership of the social media account and proof of age may be required.
8. See https://help.twitter.com/en/create-twitter-account or https://help.instagram.com/155940534568753 for how to set up an account. Entries made on Twitter and Instagram will be subject to their respective Terms of Service which can be found online at https://twitter.com/en/tos and https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511
9. Maximum one entry per person per location ONLY throughout the duration of the competition.
10. Only single entries will be accepted. Any persons or institutions trying to circumvent this condition by any method, will be disqualified along with all entries. Only genuine valid entries will be considered.
11. The genuine entrant is defined as the individual who has submitted the commentary and signed to that effect.
12. Look out for the Premier League Trophy Tour bus:
- March 23rd – Liverpool Location Williamson Square Time 10.00 to 18.00
- March 30th – Newcastle Location Times Square Time 10.00 to 18.00
- April 6th – Cardiff Location St Davids Time 10.00 to 18.00
- April 20th – Manchester Location Exchange Square Time 10.00 to 18.00
- April 27th – London Location TBC Time 10.00 to 18.00
May 2019 [TBC] - Subsequent knock out public voting via a Twitter Poll to determine the overall winner.
How to enter
13. Entrants must visit the
14. Once the entrant is called through to the booth, they will be introduced to the studio set up and then will have an opportunity to select one of their favourite Premier League clips from a range of 20 clips available, one on offer for every team currently playing in the Premier League .
15. After instructions on how to use the microphone and understanding in detail the requirements of the competition, the entrants will be played a selected 40-60 second video clip with original commentary. Then the entrants will then be played the same clip, however with no commentary and will deliver a “commentary” of their own.
16. Entrants can scribble a few notes during the original clip which they will be able to refer to for the “commentary”, but NO script or other information will be available to be used
17. The entry submission must be the entrant’s own original work and not knowingly defame nor breach any copyright or contain anything that could be deemed offensive or inappropriate. The entry should be suitable for a family audience.
18. Entry to the competition is by completing the 40-60 second commentary. Only the part of the entry that runs with the clip will be judged. During the final execution of the commentary, a video will be taken of the performance which will form part of the competition entry.
19. After the performance you will need to confirm the commentary and clip and provide your contact details, and then, to enter the competition, share the clip to either Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #TheOfficialTrophyTour and #WhereEveryonePlays
20. To enter from a private Twitter or Instagram account you must first amend your settings to a public account in order for entry to be accepted. Your account must remain public until the end of the competition in order to be contacted in the event your entry is a winning entry
21. If successful in making the final 8, all entrants need to be aware that their entry will be subject to public scrutiny and available in a public vote. All entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter. The Promoter and their agents reserve the right to reject any entries for any reason in their sole discretion and the Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter contains:
- Content which is distasteful or offensive or is of a sexual nature;
- Content promoting criminal or anti-social behaviour
- Content for the intended purpose of harassing, threatening or embarrassing individuals or multiple individuals;
- Content for which the Promoter determines violates the rights of any other person or entity;
- Content featuring:
- Elements that are known to be false, inaccurate or misleading
- names or characters whose permission has not been granted
- Potentially defamatory or otherwise actionable material
- Any activity, depiction or incitement to use drugs or any banned substances
- Any alcohol, tobacco or vaping products
- Blasphemous or religious imagery or any image deemed to incite religious hatred
- Potentially defamatory or otherwise actionable material
- Third party competition packaging, material or advertising
- The depiction of the assembly of explosive materials, firearms or items deemed to be weapons of any nature
- The depictions of individuals’ names, details or any other personal information deemed sensitive, private and/or unacceptable by the Promoter
- Any Twitter or Instagram Handle Name or profile photograph which contravenes the above will be void, and any entries will not count towards the competition
- Content that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- Content promoting any political agenda
22. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion if necessary, to report any content violations to the appropriate authorities.
23. Anyone, who in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the competition or in any way that gives an unfair advantage, will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified.
24. The Promoter does not guarantee that you will have any recourse to edit or delete any Content you have submitted. The Promoter has the right to remove or refuse to post any entry for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not the Promoter, are responsible for the Contents of your submission. None of the Content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Promoter, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
25. The initial stage one competition opens at the initial venue at 10am on Saturday 23rd March and ends 3 working days after the last venue at 5pm on Wednesday 1st May; entrants must submit their official commentary between these dates and times. Entrants may only record their commentary for entry into the initial stage one competition at the times specified each day (The “Competition Period”). Please be aware that the venue and activity could get busy so allow plenty of time and do not leave it to the last moment.
26. Throughout the competition at the various venues, between venues and then again at the competition close date, all valid entries uploaded to the relevant social media channel will have been judged by a panel of judges, one independent of the competition, to deliver a shortlist from which the top 8 selected will go into the knock-out voting stage for the winner to be determined.
Stages 2 & 3
27. The final, top 8 will then be split and allocated on a random basis into two sets of four. Each set of four will then have their commentaries made available to a public twitter vote to decide the top two finalists (therefore a finalist from each set, so two finalists in total).
28. The best two in terms of votes from the groups of 4 will then be subject to a final voting stage through a public twitter vote to determine the overall winner of the competition.
29. The public voting will take place over a maximum of a period of five days in May 2019
30. Prize consists of 1 x trip to IMG Studios for the winner and two friends.
As part of the ‘Take the Mic’ competition on
Unrivalled access to the workings behind the production and distribution of content for the most watched sports league in the world – the Premier League – as well as a host of hands on experiences including a commentary and presenting masterclass, and chance to meet some of the footballs most iconic TV legends live on set.
The winner and their guests will receive access to an exclusive ‘hang out’ area with refreshments provided, where they will receive details of the day and will be briefed about the studio. The experience on the day will include:
- Free refreshments
- A tour of the studios and edit suites, including demonstrations where they can get involved
- The chance to meet footballing legends
- A masterclass from commentator Dave Farrar and the opportunity for them to commentate alongside him on a highlight reel which they can takeaway
- A presenting workshop in front of a camera
- An ‘ultimate PLP Premier League Quiz’, where the winner will get the chance to win Coca Cola and Premier league branded merchandise
The prize includes the cost of traveling to the event and expenses up to £200 for out of pocket expenses or overnight accommodation.
31. Prizes are strictly non-transferable and must not be sold, auctioned nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere. Any person found in breach of this term will be disqualified from participating. No cash alternatives or other alternative prize will be available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
32. All genuine valid entries will be judged against the stated criteria by a panel of judges from all valid entries received uploaded to the relevant social media channel(s)
33. The judging panel will consist of a panel of judges, and one independent auditor. All judges have the experience in this type of competition and will be using the judging criteria in order to score the entries. Judging will take place using an independently verified process ensuring the process can be audited.
34. The judging will take place throughout the competition (depending on entry numbers) and up to 5pm on Wednesday 1st May 2019 with the final short list of the top 8 winners being decided upon before the end of the day on Wednesday 8th 2019. The judges will work together, and the total process will be overseen by an independent adjudicator to ensure all acts meet the necessary, satisfactory and required standards. This process will confirm when the judging is complete the top selection of winners.
35. All entries will be judged on merit, based on the following criteria:
- Knowledge & Understanding,
- Creativity & composition
After the selection of the top 8, these entries will then be available to a public vote as two groups of four, where one finalist will be selected from each group.
36. Voting will open at [10.00] on [13th May 2019] and will close at [10.00] on [14th May 2019] for the first group of 4
37. Then Voting will open at [10.00] on [15th May 2019] and will close at [10.00] on [16th May 2019] for the second group of 4
38. The winner of the first group and the winner of the second group will then be subject to a final vote which will open at [10.00] on [16th May 2019] and will close at [10.00] on [17th May 2019]
39. For each stage and the final, the winning commentary will be determined by the highest number of votes received through the official channels on Twitter.
40. Votes will be verified by an independent auditor. Once validated the winning entry will be announced at the end of the final voting period on 18th May 2019
41. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which votes are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to vote
42. Votes may be made via public or private Twitter accounts on the official @JOEmediaUK twitter page from 13th May 2019. If you do not have Twitter, voters will need to create one to participate through these channels (create one for free at www.Twitter.com,)
44. The process for voting is detailed below;
- Either log in as an existing Twitter member or sign up for free at Twitter.com.
- Once registered or logged in simply vote for your chosen commentator by liking the post for your favourite commentary from one of the 4 initial polls, or one of the 2 finalists, available at the time when the votes are eligible [INSERT HANDLE]
- There is a maximum of 1 vote per commentator post at the applicable voting time
45. The top 8 finalists are prohibited from directly or indirectly seeking any services (whether professional or not) to obtain votes and must not purchase or reward votes in any way. No trading or incentivisation of votes or vote farming of any kind is permitted. All votes will be disqualified and uncounted in these instances and any finalist will be disqualified immediately. No additional marketing of finalists will be permitted only ‘normal word of mouth’ will be allowed. All finalists will be required to sign a disclaimer which will lay out the ground rules for promoting their entry, via their friends and family and what is or isn’t acceptable.
46. The voting and the voting patterns of all will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry/votes or suspension of the Competition by the Promoter as set out below. All finalists’ votes will be closely monitored against these voting requirements. We will investigate abnormal vote behaviour and will disqualify votes/finalists if abuse is suspected
47. Any automated votes will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that individuals are attempting to cast multiple votes, for example by using multiple accounts, multiple mobile numbers or through ‘brute force’, ‘script’ attacks, or any other method, the votes will not be valid.
48. No other references to “likes” or any other social media recognition will be taken into account during the voting period and only those valid votes via the official Twitter entry routes and accepted as such will be considered.
49. The Promoter and any third party adjudicator shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid votes including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a voter and their voting patterns
50. To ensure the fairness of the votes, no specific or detailed reference to the popularity of any commentary will be disclosed during the period to ensure the fairness of the vote, although there maybe communication of the vote performance in general terms throughout the competition voting period
51. Only genuine valid votes will be considered. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
Notifciation (finalists and winner) and claim process
52. The 8 Finalists will be notified after the competition has been judged by phone or email and asked to contact the Promoter to check & verify certain information.
53. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the 8 finalists and then, after successful contact, to provide them with information and a standard information document, confirming the process and the requirements associated with the next step of the winner selection process - the voting . However, if the Promoter is unable to contact a finalist or if the finalist has not responded to notification after 14 days, or if a selected finalist is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or unable to take up the final voting for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the finalist offer. The Promoter reserves the right to award the place in the final voting to a reserve finalist who is next ranked from the original competition.
54. Once all voting has taken place, the overall winner of the competition will be contacted by phone or email to confirm their win. Following confirmation with the winner, the name of the winner and their winning entry will be announced on Twitter and Instagram through the @JOEmediaUK and @joe_co_uk social media handles.
55. When contacting the winner through either phone or email, the Promoter will communicate further information on the prize and the claim process, including confirmation of dates and expenses payments.
56. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. Any information you provide as part of this competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Instagram. Entrants to this competition hereby release Twitter and Instagram from any claim or liability suffered in connection with this competition.
57. Each major winner consents to his/her surname and his/her county of residence being made publicly available together with their winning entry upon request. Major Winner’s names and entries will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning entry will also be available on JOE Media UK social channels
58. Participants may be required to take part in reasonable publicity relating to this competition without further remuneration.
59. The Promoter will only use personal information supplied by entrants to this competition for the purposes of administering the competition, unless consent is received to use such information for any other purposes. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future
60. The contents of any and all entries submitted in this competition shall become property of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use the contents of entry submissions provided by entrants, for editorial, advertising, marketing and competition purposes, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law. Each Eligible entrant grants permission for Promoter to use the contents of his/her entry submission for editorial, advertising, marketing and competition purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content, are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
61. Limitation of liability: insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter does not assume any responsibility for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate vote, or for any faulty, incorrect, failed, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computer or provider utilised in any aspect of this competition;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or any website or any combination thereof;
- Insofar as permitted by law, any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate
62. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute,
63. Participants in this competition agree that
64. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion disqualify any participant found to be tampering with the application process or operation of the twitter platform or found to be acting in any manner disruptive to the competition. Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments during the competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, associates or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the competition.
66. Sometimes, through reasons outside of the Promoters control, the website or social media platform (as with any website) may not be accessible. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the website/platform. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering, claiming or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Promoter will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
67. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this competition by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, the Promoter may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, the Promoter will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this competition and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future competitions.
68. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
69. These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual) disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and any dispute or clarity will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the England and Wales.