The Coca‑Cola Company announced its official sponsorship of Rugby World Cup 2015 as soft drink, sports drink and water supplier by surprising rugby-mad teens from across east London with a very special training session hosted by ex-British and Irish Lions captain, Brian O'Driscoll.
The surprise rugby session took place in Hackney, and gave local teen players the chance to learn some new skills at the hands of one of the world’s greatest ever players.
Speaking about the session, Brian O’Driscoll said: "Today’s surprise session was a great way to kick-start the partnership between Coca‑Cola and Rugby World Cup, which is all about how the excitement of a global sport event can motivate anyone to move." To encourage more people in the community to take up and enjoy the health benefits of rugby and other physical activity, The Hackney Bulls are working to coordinate regular open training sessions.
The new partnership for Coca‑Cola continues our rich heritage in the international game and marks almost two decades as a partner of the world’s most iconic rugby event. Paul Dwan, Coca‑Cola general manager of Rugby World Cup 2015 team, said: "Rugby World Cup 2015 looks set to be the biggest ever. We’re delighted to be a part of it to celebrate the excitement and passion the tournament will generate."
It's a big year for rugby fans - here's why:
• It's the first time England has hosted the tournament since 1991
• 20 teams will play a total of 48 games at 13 venues across Great Britain
• It's going to be one of the biggest sporting events ever staged in the UK
• 3 million fans are expected to cheer on the six-week-long festival
Coca‑Cola has a long-standing association with rugby from an international level through to the grassroots. Since first sponsoring Rugby World Cup 1995 in South Africa, Coca‑Cola has featured at every tournament, as well as supporting various local rugby initiatives around the world.
- Light Up For Inclusion: Celebrating 50 years of Special Olympics
2018 FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour by
Coca-ColaTakes Off From London
- The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Fuze Tea help give commuters back their ‘me-time’
- Stylist x Diet Coke’s Creators Collective: Meet the £20,000 prize winner
Coca-Colaand ASDA team up with One World Play Project to 'Pass the Happiness'