During a week-long mission to her native South Africa from June 1-15, UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka visited UN Women programs in the field, took part in a joint workshop for female entrepreneurs, and attended the World Economic Forum on Africa 2015 – which she co-chaired this year – where she called for a new economic agenda that works for women and benefits all, and engaged with a range of stakeholders. Read more.
On the final day of the WEF 2015, Mlambo-Ngcuka gave a press briefing for international media, alongside Oxfam and Amnesty international and discussed “Gender Parity in Africa” as a panelist at an issue briefing. Watch the webcast of the issue briefing here.
Also on the final day of her mission, Mlambo-Ngcuka spoke at a special side event at the WEF on “Empowering Women through Partnerships,” hosted by The
Read more about her story and the event here.
- Get involved! How we can ALL make a difference in the Great British Spring Clean 2018
- Celebrating International Women’s Day with a 5by20 success story
- Iconic landmarks around the world switch off for Earth Hour 2018
- Let's keep Britain tidy with the Great British Spring Clean
- #LeedsByExample: Trialling innovative ways to recycle on-the-go