The iconic London Eye – one of the world’s tallest observation wheels – is lighting up the city with Coke's trademark shade of red thanks to a new high-profile sponsorship.
Centrally located along the River Thames, the
Coca-Cola Great Britain announced the sponsorship last September, and the rebranded
On February 17, to the surprise and delight of thousands of visitors during the half term holidays, the
Overnight, the pods were decorated in three different themes – a tropical beach, a typical English garden and a cosy living room – providing a welcome escape from winter and spreading happiness to London’s South Bank.
Beach lovers longing for summer had the chance to view some of London’s best known landmarks from a deckchair, complete with a Hawaiian garland and balmy temperatures, making the winter chill outside easy to forget.
Happiness blossomed through an early taste of spring in the English country garden pods, decorated with a blossom tree, butterflies and ladybirds.
And the capsules turned into living rooms offered visitors the ultimate home comforts, as they relaxed on leather armchairs and enjoyed a board game with friends.
“We are always looking for new and different ways to create fun and exciting moments,” says Nicola Ratcliffe, general manager,
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola and the Premier League: ‘Where Everyone Plays’ ad refreshed for new season
Ball Games Allowed: New
Coca-Colacampaign unleashes the power of football
- Sending plastic ‘Round in Circles’: Our new campaign reminds us all to do more during Recycle Week 2019
- Holidays Are Coming! With our sparkling new Christmas campaign
- It’s Lit: Check out our eight new limited edition Diet Coke cans!
More On Journey
- Super fan’s cans: Meet the man with the world’s biggest collection of Coke
- Costa Coffee Ready-to-Drink: Classic Latte, Caramel Latte and Black Americano, coming to a fridge near you!
- Treasure Your River: Help us tackle litter in UK waterways
The ‘Magic Taste’ of
Coca-Cola: Our new ad celebrates the good times
Coca-ColaChristmas Truck Tour 2019: Find your nearest stop