Each winner will walk away with a $20,000 grand prize for their submission of personal stories that shaped new sweetener ideas. The winning submissions were selected by a panel of judges based on the novelty of the ideas and the quality of the contestants’ stories.
The six winning submissions are:
· Antonio Sacido of Mexico with “Agave Salmiana, The Ancestral Plant,” a story about increasing the cultivation of agave on a small plantation to create employment opportunities.
· Rosse Ancalle of Bolivia with “Sweeten your Meal with Yacon,” an entry that focused on the cultural history of the Yacon plant.
· Karen Martin of Australia with “Imagine…A Sprinkling of Custard Dust,” which focused on the use of custard apple dust as an alternative sweetener.
· Rania Harastani of England with “Amiable and Sweet,” an entry that provided a scientific and cultural look at the anise plant.
· Yanislav Iliev of Bulgaria with “Chasing the Sweetness: The Life Giving Ingredient,” an entry that explores the use of carob as a sweetener in multiple dishes.
· Sandra Laksmono of Indonesia with “Coco-Cola, A Healthier Lifestyle,” which examined the importance of coconut as a sweetener used across Indonesia.
Long said the company decided to emphasise the stories behind the sweetener innovations in order to gain a better understanding of the personal and cultural contexts in which sweet foods and beverages are enjoyed every day. By understanding why and how natural sugar alternatives are being used, the company can better meet the demands of changing consumer tastes.
The Sweet Story Challenge is yet another step in The
Crowdsourcing stands out as one example of this new consumer-centric growth mindset. Going directly to consumers for new natural sweetener ideas supports The
“I think the best part of The Sweet Story Challenge is that passionate fans of our beverages were given the opportunity to share ideas that might shape the future of our beverage portfolio,” said Long. “Opportunities like that, and, in turn, our willingness to listen, are the essence of consumer-centric growth.”
- National Tea Day: Fuze Tea’s essential guide
- Mind Tingles: Daisy Lowe, Professor Green and Clara Amfo join Fuze Tea’s new ASMR relaxation podcast
London Fashion Week 2019: Exploring
Coca-Cola’s role as a style icon
- Fanta Grape zero sugar lands in the UK due to popular demand!
May 2019 Drinks Digest: 5 awesome facts you didn’t know about