People have been celebrating International Yoga Day all over the world, and
International Yoga Day is an annual celebration of the physical, mental and spiritual practice of yoga. In honour of the event, the Swansea ParkLives team held two special Parklives Yoga sessions; one on the beach in the beautiful Swansea Bay and one in the popular Victoria Park.
The day started with an early morning Sunrise Beach Yoga session, and Swansea Bay felt more like Spain than Cymru with the balmy conditions! Twenty-two early risers and yoga fans met on the beach and enjoyed an inspiring start to their day.
There was a fantastic mix of people, of all ages and abilities. BBC Radio Wales came down to try their hand at downward dog while Wales Online and the South Wales Evening Post captured the session with a drone flight above the Bay.
“Taking part in the yoga sessions has been a really excellent experience for me. I loved offering people the chance to try the benefits of yoga and getting outdoors for free, and genuinely loved the variety of people who came and tried it out. I’m looking forward to a busy summer of Beach and Park Yoga.”
- Coca-Cola European Partners provides 100,000 meals for charity FareShare with £25,000 donation
- 5by20 success stories: meet the entrepreneurs
- Celebrating International Women’s Day with a 5by20 success story
- Stylist x Diet Coke’s Creators Collective: Meet the £20,000 prize winner
- Designated Driver: Saying thanks to the heroes of the Christmas party season with a free second soft drink