Lucky music fans in Romania are hitting some of the summer’s biggest concerts thanks to the latest packaging innovation from
Coca-Cola Romania and McCann Bucharest developed detachable
Coke’s Packaging R&D team had been kicking around the concept of a label wristband for a few years, but the project gained momentum when Marco Beggiora, packaging manager for
Working closely with the engineering and operations teams at the local bottler, CCHBC Romania, and label supplier, Rodata, the team led quickly agreed on a printing method and conversion techniques, drawing learnings from Coke's award-winning Bow Label project.
“When I tried on the first sample for a quality check, the wristband stayed on for over three weeks in which time I ran the equivalent of nearly two marathons and travelled to Japan for a business trip,” Bentley says.
The wristband labels have reached 75 percent of teens in Romania, and the promotion has caught the attention of international marketing media outlets including AdWeek, Mashable and Trend Hunter.
- Jourdan Dunn and GLACÉAU smartwater host party-season survival retreat
- Frightening Fanta: Brand’s biggest ever campaign for Halloween
- Coca-Cola and the Premier League: Welcome to ‘Where Everyone Plays’
- Happiness without borders: Bringing people from Pakistan and India together
- “Adding that X-factor”: Jesse Lingard and Jermaine Jenas at the ‘Where Everyone Plays’ launch event