1. It’s freezing cold...
... and you’re not complaining! This phenomenon only occurs for a very specific time between November 30 and January 3. Outside this period any temperatures below 11 Celsius are simply Arctic and therefore terrible. But during this brief interlude, Ice Age temperatures are welcomed, because they could lead to the Holy Grail: A White Christmas.
2. You say “Merry Christmas” as you leave a building
... without feeling silly.
3. Everyone at work is in a good mood
There’s a weird thing that happens every December; your colleagues start bringing in homemade treats, everyone’s up for making tea, there’s more chatting in the kitchen and the plants get a tinsel make-over. (Enjoy it, come January things will be very different.)
4. ... and your boss lets you go home early
5. Holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming
6. The shops are still manic after 7pm
7. Everywhere you go smells like cinnamon and orange
8. Go-to small talk is no longer about the weather
9. You get that warm, buzzy feeling
10. “And the bells were ringing out for Christmas Day!”
More on Journey
- Dry January tips: The mocktails that’ll see you over the finish line
- Holidays Are Coming! With our biggest ever Christmas campaign
Coca-Cola: Meet the new flavours and drinks shaking up our most iconic brand
- A chat with… Diet Coke ambassador Holly Willoughby
Holidays Are Coming… with Rak-Su x