Four of the world’s 10 fastest-growing economies belonged to African nations in 2013, and this growth rate looks set to accelerate between now and 2030. It comes as no surprise, then, that Africa has been a vital part of The
From getting more people the life-saving medicines they need to providing access to safe drinking water, investing in sustainable agriculture and empowering women, we’re constantly looking for ways to make a positive difference for the people who own and operate the 900,000 shops, restaurants and other outlets that sell
One third of Africa’s population doesn’t have access to safe drinking water, and millions die from contaminated water each year – more than from all forms of violence combined, including wars. That’s why we launched our Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN) with The
The project is backed by a six-year, £19 million ($30 million) commitment by The
So far, RAIN has hit the following milestones:
• One million people have had access to safe, sustainable water
• 240,000 people have had access to sanitation
• 37 African countries are benefitting from our programmes.
We’ll be expanding RAIN until 2020, to support access to safe water and sanitation programmes across Africa. This will:
• Improve sustainable safe water access for six million Africans
• Economically empower up to 250,000 women and girls
• Promote health and hygiene in thousands of communities, schools and health centres
• Return up to 18.5 billion litres of water to nature and communities.
We’ve also signed a Letter of Intent to launch Source Africa, an initiative that looks for more sustainable ways of getting the ingredients we need for our drinks. We’re doing it in partnership with the New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition, and Grow Africa.
Source Africa will at first focus on sustainable fruit and tea production in Kenya, Nigeria and Malawi, with a view to expand to Ethiopia, Senegal, Tanzania and Mozambique.
And it doesn’t stop there. The additional investment will also:
• Fund new manufacturing lines
• Fund new cooling and distribution equipment
• Create new jobs across
• Support initiatives that empower women entrepreneurs
• Promote well-being in communities
- Have your own Honest Kids adventure
The Piccadilly Sign: Special Olympics and
Coca-Colacelebrate 50 years of partnership
- Let's keep Britain tidy with the Great British Spring Clean
Happy Fathers’ Day! Meet some of the wonderful dads who work at
Coca-ColaGreat Britain and Ireland
- Get a thirst for the great outdoors with HONEST® Kids