We’re thrilled to celebrate our 40-year partnership with Special Olympics, having been a founding partner since the organisation was launched in Great Britain back in 1978. Here’s how we’ve worked together and how volunteering makes such a huge difference...
Special Olympics works with people of all ages with an intellectual disability. Its programme of year-round sports training and competition is designed to help improve self-esteem, develop friendships and enhance wellbeing.
A valuable partnership
Encouraging an inclusive and diverse community is a top priority for us at
Welcoming athletes to the
As part of this partnership, we recently welcomed athletes from across the country through our doors, to experience a day at one of our factories and customer centres. During the visit, athletes were able to meet with teams from around the business and see how some of the nation’s favourite drinks are produced.
The power of volunteering
Later this week, the city of Stirling in central Scotland will also welcome 1,400 athletes from across Great Britain and international programmes to take part in Special Olympics’ Anniversary Games – three days of competition across nine different sports including badminton, boccia, table tennis and athletics.
Would you like to get involved? Find out how you can volunteer with Special Olympics.
- Ladies who skate: the first ParkLives skateboarding session in Nottingham
- 5by20 success stories: meet the entrepreneurs
- Stylist x Diet Coke’s Creators Collective: Meet the £20,000 prize winner
- Celebrating International Women’s Day with a 5by20 success story
- Coca-Cola European Partners provides 100,000 meals for charity FareShare with £25,000 donation