Over the years The
The leaves of the stevia plant are a source of intense, natural sweetness. In fact, sweeteners made from stevia are up to 200 times sweeter than table sugar, and they’re calorie free!
Watch the video to learn more about stevia.
For the green-fingered among you, the stevia plant is a relative of the chrysanthemum family and native to Paraguay. It’s been grown, harvested and used in recipes by indigenous people for centuries. Now, more than 75 countries around the world use stevia sweeteners in their food and drink products.
Sprite fans were the first to be introduced to stevia extract in Great Britain. Mixing it with the original recipe meant a reduction in the sugar and calorie content by 30 per cent, while still offering a great, refreshing taste.
In 2014, the thirst for innovation was taken a step further with the launch of
1 Reduction by one third of the calories than full sugar colas in GB, due to 37 per cent sugar reduction, thanks to the presence of stevia extract.
- Get a thirst for the great outdoors with HONEST® Kids
- Share a Coke with... Nicolas Coster: ‘I was a shoulda-coulda-woulda’
- Coca-Cola turns to consumers for sweetener innovations through crowdsourcing contest
- Frozen Coke in a Squeezable Pouch? Only in Japan
- Vote in the Fanta Flavour Election! Choose your new favourite drink