Fancy trying tai chi? Or Nordic walking? With ParkLives we’re running a daily series of free, family-friendly outdoor activities in the heart of local communities – the parks. From Zumba to rounders and yoga to den-building, our sessions make the most of the great outdoors and there’s something for everyone!
The programme first kicked off in 2014 in Birmingham, Newcastle and the London borough of Newham, but we didn't stop there. ParkLives is now in Nottingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Dundee, Southampton, Stoke-on-Trent and Swansea.
ParkLives helps people make the most of their gorgeous local parks and green spaces, meet new people, enjoy new experiences and feel like a real part of their community. Watch the video below, and see what we mean:
Coca-Cola Great Britain support ParkLives?
We’ve supported programmes which invest in the wellbeing of local communities and grassroots organisations for many years, and with ParkLives we aim to continue doing that.
Parks are special places which are real assets to local communities – they’re free, local and open to everyone. And spending time in green space is a great way to naturally boost your mood and help bust the stress of everyday life.
We're also working with our community partner StreetGames to bring ParkLives to new locations and young people in disadvantaged communities across the UK.
Find out more about ParkLives, and register here: http://www.parklives.com
More on Journey
- Project Last Mile: Delivering a future for those living with HIV and AIDS
- Introducing Aquarius: Our new lemon and lime-flavoured functional water drink
- Coca-Cola catch up: 10 things to know about us and our drinks in 2019
- “Adding that X-factor”: Jesse Lingard and Jermaine Jenas at the ‘Where Everyone Plays’ launch event
- FIFA Women’s World Cup™: Challenging perceptions