Try whipping up your own 100% vegan, creamy porridge – topped with stewed warm strawberries, banana chips and peanut butter. Inspired by the wonderlish flavours of AdeZ ‘Awesome Oat, Strawberry & Banana’.
(Serves 2-3 people)
- 1 cup/90g porridge oats
- 1 cup/240ml oat milk
- ½ tbs vanilla bean paste
- Maple syrup, to taste
- 300g fresh strawberries, washed & green removed
- ¼ cup/60ml maple syrup
- ½ cup banana chips
- 2 ½ tbs peanut butter
- First make the stewed strawberries by adding the fresh strawberries to a saucepan with the maple syrup and a touch of water.
- Place the pan over a low heat and pop a lid on. Allow the strawberries to stew for 8-10 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Add the oats to a saucepan, followed by the oat milk and vanilla bean paste. Stir well, then place the pan over a low heat. Keep stirring until the porridge is thick and creamy. Add maple syrup to taste.
- To serve, spoon the porridge into a bowl then top with the stewed strawberries, banana chips and peanut butter.
Try the smoothie that inspired the recipe. Find out more about new AdeZ.
- “Adding that X-factor”: Jesse Lingard and Jermaine Jenas at the ‘Where Everyone Plays’ launch event
- Coca-Cola catch up: 10 things to know about us and our drinks in 2019
London Fashion Week 2019: Exploring
Coca-Cola’s role as a style icon
March 2019 Drinks Digest: 5 awesome facts you didn’t know about
- Frightening Fanta: Brand’s biggest ever campaign for Halloween