Try making your own fluffy pancakes, served with caramelised grilled mango, toasted almonds and fresh passionfruit. They’re 100% vegan and inspired by the wonderlish flavours of AdeZ ‘Amazing Almond Mango & Passionfruit’.
(Serves 2-3 people)
Pancakes (makes approx. 5 American style pancakes)
- ½ cup/60g buckwheat
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Small pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup/120ml dairy free milk
- 1 ½ tbs agave nectar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Grilled mango
- ½ Fresh mango, peeled & cut into wedges
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- Toasted flaked almonds
- Almond Yoghurt
- Fresh Passionfruit
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl. To the bowl add the milk and agave nectar. Whisk until it forms a smooth pancake batter. Set the batter aside for a few minutes while you prepare your mango.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a low heat and carefully rub in a touch of oil using a piece of kitchen paper. Ladle the batter into your pan, then using the back of the ladle quickly smooth it out into a circular shape.
- Allow the pancake to cook for around 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden, before removing from the pan. Then make the rest of your pancakes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the coconut oil, and then once hot add the mango wedges. Grill the mango until lightly charred and dust with the coconut sugar.
- Serve the pancakes with the mango on top, along with toasted almonds, fresh passion fruit, mint and a spoonful of almond yoghurt.
Try the smoothie that inspired the recipe. Find out more about new AdeZ.
- Katie Piper and Honest Kids team up to encourage families to ‘Pick your own picnic!’
Coca-Cola: A/W 2018 collection launches
Share a Coke… and a Tweet? How Two Best Friends Earned a Year’s Supply of
- Honest co-founder Seth: We’re about connecting people to nature
- Frozen Coke in a Squeezable Pouch? Only in Japan