Coca-Cola Mexico is putting a modern-day spin on its iconic ribbon in a new teen-centric campaign in Latin America called #VerdaderoAmigo (#TrueFriendship), which celebrates the virtues of what being a good friend means in situations where harsh words and actions seem inescapable.
Today’s universal symbol of friendship – the fist bump – serves as the visual centerpiece of the multidimensional campaign, transforming the signature Coke ribbon on packaging, billboards, in-store displays and promotional merchandise including t-shirts, phone cases, an ear bud splitter that lets consumers share music, and a device that enables mobile users to share their battery with a friend who’s running low.
Digital content created by
#TrueFriendship will also include a TV spot and vines starring top soccer players like Javier “Chicharito” Hernández and Raúl Jimenez and One Direction, whose song “Clouds” soundtracks the campaign. In Mexico, the campaign will feature music by local pop group CD9.
Coca-Cola will work with MTV to feature several short documentaries of digital influencers who will share stories about meeting their closest friends, their crossroads moments and the outcomes of their life choices.
Fans can use the hashtag #VerdaderoAmigo or #TrueFriendship to celebrate true friends by mimicking the
“Since we identified the moments teens use to connect emotionally, this campaign is the digital tool we need to reach them, and we want to use it to celebrate them and show them that happiness is also a choice,” said José Luis Basauri, marketing director,
More on Journey
- Dare you taste the dark? Introducing our terrifyingly twisted Fanta Dark Orange
- Mind Tingles: Daisy Lowe, Professor Green and Clara Amfo join Fuze Tea’s new ASMR relaxation podcast
- A drink that keeps on giving: Influencers and entrepreneurs unite at the launch of our new water-plus drink, Aquarius.
- Coca-Cola and the Premier League: ‘Where Everyone Plays’ ad refreshed for new season
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership