The EKOCYCLE brand was named Creative Innovator of the Year this week at the WGSN Global Fashion Awards in London. The awards program celebrates innovative talent in fashion, design buying, and retail.
The brainchild of The
WGSN recognised the brand's pioneering journey and technological advancement in using recycled materials to make desirable consumer products. “EKOCYCLE will change the way the consumer regards sustainable design," said Lauretta Roberts, founder and director, WGSN Global Fashion Awards. "It has taken sustainable fashion and placed it firmly in the luxury arena and, by collaborating with a carefully selected line-up of style leaders, has made it cool and highly desirable."
EKOCYCLE has teamed up with some of the world's most desirable brands to create an innovative lifestyle collection – from womenswear and menswear clothing to accessories and home interiors. In April, EKOCYCLE announced a partnership with W Hotels Worldwide, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, to bring the EKOCYCLE brand to W Hotel rooms around the world. W Hotels will soon begin re-making their beds with EKOCYCLE-branded sheets made in part with rPET (polyester partially made using recycled plastic).
“The EKOCYCLE initiative aims to push the boundaries on more sustainable fashion and design – inviting consumers to experience sustainable luxury," said Bea Perez, chief sustainability officer at The
- Happiness without borders: Bringing people from Pakistan and India together
- What is ASMR? And how can it help you relax?
- WRAP Recycling insights: How one extra bottle a week “could power Wembley Stadium for 14 years”
- Recycling 101: The myths, the facts, and the how-tos
- How we’re using Facebook Messenger Chatbot for our Jingle Bell Ball competition