Last week, in a small corner of East London’s Brick Lane, passers-by will have noticed something very strange afoot…
Why, we hear you ask. Well, to celebrate the launch of Stranger Things’ third series – which will feature the now infamous ‘New Coke’ –
Someone who confessed to falling into the latter demographic was Mick: “I grew up in Cornwall in the 80s, where there were amusement arcades everywhere. So, this is all very nostalgic,” Mick told us. “There’s not a game in there I wouldn’t have played growing up. Street Fighter was definitely one of my favourites.”
“I’m a big Stranger Things fan,” he went on. “I finished series three last night because I knew there would be a lot of fans here and I didn’t want anyone to inadvertently give me a spoiler!”
The first 800 visitors to the secret world were given a limited-edition Coca Cola x Stranger Things upside-down can. Two of that number were superfans of the show, Lauren and Claudia, who we caught up with.
“It was really fun,” said Lauren, on the upside-down world. “I definitely wasn’t expecting a Demogorgon to hand me a can of Coke!”
Did you spot New Coke in Stranger Things series three? See where you should be keeping an eye out for it here.
More on Journey
- Costa Coffee Ready-to-Drink: Classic Latte, Caramel Latte and Black Americano, coming to a fridge near you!
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Twisted and Exotic: Watch Tanya Reynolds personify Diet Coke’s fruity summer flavours
- A drink that keeps on giving: Influencers and entrepreneurs unite at the launch of our new water-plus drink, Aquarius.
- It’s Lit: Check out our eight new limited edition Diet Coke cans!