When most people buy a can of Coca‑Cola from a shop or newsagent in the UK, they expect their drink to be refreshingly chilled. That’s why
This refrigeration equipment is one of the largest elements of their carbon footprint and they're currently taking action to develop more climate-friendly cooling solutions.
The Coca‑Cola system has developed and licensed an 'Energy Management Device' for our coolers. The 'smart' device actually 'learns' store and shopping patterns using motion detectors and switches in the door:
- Two hours prior to shop openings, the cold drinks equipment adjusts to the optimum product temperature
- After the shop closes, the equipment switches into standby mode
- The equipment is never turned ‘off’- the smart technology simply controls the temperature and lighting to minimise energy consumption
This technology helps cut energy use by an average of 25%.
Did you know? Coca-Cola European Partners are replacing the fluorescent lighting in their fridges with LED lights, which are 80 per cent more efficient.
They are also currently retrofitting glass doors onto open-fronted coolers. This results in a reduction in energy usage of around 50 per cent.
Fewer greenhouse gases
Disposing of our old equipment
Leading the way
- Holly Willoughby reveals her feisty side with new Diet Coke flavours
- Have your own Honest Kids adventure
Win a summer of unforgettable experiences: 1,000s of prizes to be won from
- Vote in the Fanta Flavour Election! Choose your new favourite drink
5 ways the
Coca-Colasystem is helping you enjoy less sugar