Feeling peckish? Here’s a delicious reduced sugar recipe, inspired by the new Fanta Orange recipe which contains a third less sugar. Why not try the bake at home for yourself?
50g Dried cranberries
100ml Fanta Orange
75g Coconut flour
30g Coconut sugar with cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
30g Melted coconut oil
100ml Maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Zest 1 orange
50g cacao nibs
50g dark chocolate (optional)
1. In a bowl add the dried cranberries and sultanas and pour over the Fanta. Cover and allow to soak for a couple of hours
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats, coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
3. In a separate bowl mix the coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and orange zest together
4. Pour the wet mix into the flour and oat mixture and mix together
5. Add cacao nibs to the soaked cranberries and sultanas and mix together – use some of the Fanta liquid from soaking the dried fruit to moisten the mixture
6. Place the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes
7. Preheat oven to 160c fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
8. Place the mixture in 20 rounds onto the baking tray (with space in between) and flatten slightly to 1/2 inch
9. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden but still soft in the middle
10. Remove and transfer to a cooling rack
For an indulgent cookie, grate over the dark chocolate while the cookies are still warm and allow to melt before cooling.
Nutrition Information Amount per cookie (20 cookies per batch):
Calories: 102, Total Fat: 4g (3g sat fat), Total Carbohydrate: 16g, Of which sugars; 8g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 29 mg
More on Journey
- Super fan’s cans: Meet the man with the world’s biggest collection of Coke
- Coca-Cola x Stranger Things: We’re transforming Shoreditch into Hawkins to celebrate the launch of Season three!
- Coca-Cola x Stranger Things: Find out what happened when we brought the upside-down world to London
- Costa Coffee Ready-to-Drink: Classic Latte, Caramel Latte and Black Americano, coming to a fridge near you!
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership