Baking goddess Candice Brown has created a delicious reduced sugar recipe, inspired by the new Fanta Orange recipe which contains a third less sugar. Watch our video to see how simple the recipe is to follow and then try the bake at home for yourself.
Share photos of your finished Fanta Oat Cranberry Cookies with us on Twitter @fanta_GB.
Candice’s recipe makes 20 cookies.
50g Dried cranberries
100ml Fanta Orange
75g Coconut flour
30g Coconut sugar with cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
30g Melted coconut oil
100ml Maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Zest 1 orange
50g cacao nibs
50g dark chocolate (optional)
1. In a bowl add the dried cranberries and sultanas and pour over the Fanta. Cover and allow to soak for a couple of hours
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats, coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
3. In a separate bowl mix the coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and orange zest together
4. Pour the wet mix into the flour and oat mixture and mix together
5. Add cacao nibs to the soaked cranberries and sultanas and mix together – use some of the Fanta liquid from soaking the dried fruit to moisten the mixture
6. Place the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes
7. Preheat oven to 160c fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
8. Place the mixture in 20 rounds onto the baking tray (with space in between) and flatten slightly to 1/2 inch
9. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden but still soft in the middle
10. Remove and transfer to a cooling rack
For an indulgent cookie, grate over the dark chocolate while the cookies are still warm and allow to melt before cooling.
Nutrition Information Amount per cookie (20 cookies per batch):
Calories: 102, Total Fat: 4g (3g sat fat), Total Carbohydrate: 16g, Of which sugars; 8g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 29 mg
- ‘Because I Can’: Diet Coke reveals new look and delicious new flavours
- Stylist x Diet Coke’s Creators Collective: Meet the £20,000 prize winner
- 7 easy ways to spruce up your recycling routine
- Shred it for sustainability: Portsmouth Uni students recycle plastic bottles and revision notes
Share a Coke… and a Tweet? How Two Best Friends Earned a Year’s Supply of