115g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
115g unsalted butter, softened
115g golden caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange
50ml Fanta Orange
150g blueberries plus 1 tsp self-raising flour
100ml Fanta Orange
Juice of one lemon
Juice of one orange
50g icing sugar
2-3 tsp Fanta Orange
Couple of drops of orange food gel
2 sprigs lemon thyme
Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan. Grease a 2lb loaf tin or 2ltr Bundt tin and line
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the soft butter and 115g of the caster sugar and the 2 eggs.
- Grate the zest from the lemon and orange into the bowl. Add the Fanta and mix together with a hand held or free standing mixer just until smooth and light (take care not to overmix when combined and smooth stop beating
- Toss the blueberries in the flour then Fold in the blueberries
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 45–50 minutes until a skewer poked into the middle of the cake comes out clean (avoid skewering a blueberry). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly while you make the syrup.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and orange you zested and pour into a small saucepan. Add the Fanta. Set over a medium heat and stir until the juice has reduced by 1/3 to make a syrup.
- Using a skewer, poke holes all over the top of the still warm cake, then slowly pour the Fanta syrup- all over the surface so it penetrates right through the sponge. Leave to cool fully.
- Add a few drops of Fanta into a small bowl and stir in enough icing sugar to make a smooth, runny icing add the orange colouring
- Once the loaf is cold, drizzle over the icing and top with fresh blueberries and orange zest
Nutritional info per serving, based on 8 servings:
With glaze and icing: Fat: 11.6g, Carbs: 39.6g, Protein: 3.3g, Calories: 273Kcal, Sugars: 27.5g
With glaze, but without icing: Fat: 11.6g, Carbs: 32.9g, Protein: 3.3g, Calories: 246Kcal, Sugars: 21g