Our brand is global, but our business is local – Coca‑Cola distribution is carefully coordinated in thousands of communities around the world.
Did you know? In Britain, 95% of
- Investing in future fuel. We bought 14 biomethane-powered trucks to move products around during London 2012. The fleet will reduce the carbon footprint of the Coca‑Cola system by 1,500 tonnes over their lifespan. It’s estimated this has roughly the same benefit as taking 300 cars off the road for a year.
- Planning our journeys better. In 2011, 10,256 deliveries were made using otherwise empty customer or supplier vehicles. This is known as backhauling and we’re expanding it all the time. We’re also introducing telematics into our fleet: this is a device that tells drivers how they can enhance their driving style and reduce fuel consumption.
- Using smaller vehicles. When we need to move small loads, we use smaller cars. Recent additions to our petite fleet include Nissan Leaf 100% electric cars and low-emission Vauxhall Astra ecoFLEX cars.
- Buying EEVs. For the past few years, any new trucks we have purchased have had specified EEV (enhanced environmentally-friendly vehicle) status, which has resulted in lower exhaust emissions.
- Delivering by train. We transport most products on the road, but we’re working with Tesco and Eddie Stobart Ltd on a dedicated rail-freight route.
We were the first in the British logistics sector to trial a dedicated biomethane truck. Biomethane is gas derived from waste found at landfill sites (we capture ours at a site in Albury, Surrey). Each vehicle has a carbon footprint less than half that of a typical diesel truck.
Did you know? In 2011, transportation accounted for 12% of our carbon footprint, but our fleet of vehicles was actually the smallest contributor.
Coca-ColaGreat Britain renew partnership to protect precious UK river habitats
- #LeedsByExample: Trialling innovative ways to recycle on-the-go
- What is ASMR? And how can it help you relax?
‘You cannot underestimate the effect this has had on lives’: Special Olympics and
Coca-ColaGB’s 40-year partnership
Take a 360 virtual tour of a
Coca-ColaEuropean Partners factory