‘Tis the season to be jolly, and take extra care.
So you’ve willingly volunteered (or lost a bet) and become the designated driver for the evening. We think you’re a hero, but you may not be too happy about it.
Our Designated Driver scheme – run in partnership with the Department for Transport’s THINK! Drink Drive campaign – is all about celebrating people like you. So we’ve pulled together six things to think about when you’re out to help you see the glass half full.
1. THINK! of your ground rules
You’re the driver, whatever you say goes. So it’s time to set some ground rules. Like, the driver is always the car DJ. No interfering, no complaining and, if you’re particularly bad, no singing.
2. THINK! of the choices
Mixing drinks never ends well normally. But this isn’t a normal night. You can actually mix things up, try something new and probably still save more money than your friends. Result.
3. THINK! ahead
If at any point in the night you’re questioning what you’re doing, just remember this… your mates seriously owe you for this.
4. THINK! of the memories
It is possible to enjoy a night out without alcohol. Think about it, you get to remember everything that happens. Meanwhile, for your friends, things might be a bit blurry the morning after. So enjoy the night, and enjoy the next day… because you’ll have a lot of stuff to talk about.
5. THINK! about the free soft drink
We want to help out all you heroes this Christmas time. Buy a
And remember, if you’re driving, it’s absolutely your choice where everyone goes…
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola x Stranger Things: We’re transforming Shoreditch into Hawkins to celebrate the launch of Season three!
- Mind Tingles: Daisy Lowe, Professor Green and Clara Amfo join Fuze Tea’s new ASMR relaxation podcast
Coca-ColaEnergy dancing flash mob takes to the streets!
- Dare you taste the dark? Introducing our terrifyingly twisted Fanta Dark Orange
- Coca-Cola x Stranger Things: Find out what happened when we brought the upside-down world to London