FAQ

Rumours

10/01/2020


If I leave a tooth in a glass of Coca‑Cola overnight it will totally dissolve? | Frequently Asked Questions | Coca-Cola GB

No. There is a small amount of edible acid present in Coca-Cola – just as there is in many foods and drinks. It’s perfectly safe to drink. It’s not even as strong as your natural stomach acid.

 

Any food or drink that contains sugars and starches, including sparkling drinks, can contribute to tooth decay. Similarly, any acidic food or drink, such as soft drinks, can contribute to enamel erosion. However, poor dental hygiene is the main cause of tooth decay and enamel erosion.

 

Did you know? Other versions of this urban legend substitute a 2p piece or piece of meat for the tooth – again neither are true!


Return to the FAQ main page