Coca-Cola Great Britain is bringing back its hugely successful ‘Share a Coke’ campaign this summer due to popular demand. In year two of the campaign, over a thousand names will appear on packs of
"We were overwhelmed by the reception our consumers gave Share a Coke last year. Having successfully run the campaign in many markets worldwide, we’ve received a lot of feedback from those at the heart of the campaign, our consumers. A lot of the interaction we got focused on the search for their name so this year we’ve made the campaign bigger, to ensure that thousands more people can join the fun of the hunt to find their name and those they love." Bobby Britain, Marketing Strategy and Activation Director,
The campaign is once again supported by an extensive integrated marketing campaign which includes Outdoor, TVC, digital and experiential activity.
The TVC, entitled ‘Bobby’, follows one dog’s quest to find his personalised Coke bottle and shows just how everyone is included in this summer’s campaign. With Bobby watching on, groups of teens come together to enjoy the summer with their personalised bottle of
Originally shot in South Africa, featuring music from UK music duo the Ting Tings “That’s Not My Name”, the TVC is the latest in The
DIGITAL AND SOCIAL
Those who can’t wait to get involved in Share a Coke this year can head online to shareacoke.co.uk where they can share a virtual bottle with friends or download personalised wallpapers for their desktop or mobile phone. Consumers can also track down bottles as they are found via the Name Dropper digital app which will aggregate social media content using the campaign hashtag #shareacoke along with the name that appears on the bottle.
ONLINE PERSONALISATION AND EXPERIENTIAL
For those who still can’t find their name on shelves, an online personalisation site with more than 500,000 names to choose from will launch later in the summer. This offers consumers the chance to purchase iconic
There will also be chances to get personalised products at pop up events in major cities across the region and in store via the shopper activation which will allow consumers to instantly print labels featuring their surname on
BEHIND THE SCENES FILM
To mark the return of Share a Coke, The
“A lot of work goes into making the Share a Coke campaign happen and it’s nice to be able to give a little glimpse of the magic behind it,” said Bobby Brittain. “A key starting point for this year was listening to the feedback from consumers who wanted more names included. It’s increased the workload undoubtedly, but we’re pleased to say that almost everybody’s name is out there via all of our activations and that’s an exciting build for what is already an amazing campaign.”
- ENDS -
About ‘Share A Coke
- Coca-Cola GB sourced independent data from Experian to identify 1,200 of the most popular names in the UK. Experian analysed the first names of adults between 19 and 29 years old, which were then weighted and ranked to generate over 1000 popular male and female first names in the UK reflecting the gender and the ethnic makeup of this segment of the population. The list of 1,200 names is available from the campaign website.
- The names and nicknames will appear across individual 500ml and 375ml PET bottles of
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero. 330ml cans, multipack formats and larger sharing bottles across Coke and its light variants will be also carry a selection of the 11 nicknames. The campaign will run throughout summer.
For further information, please contact:
Andy May, Open Road 0203 542 1119 / email@example.com on behalf of
Coca-Cola Great Britain is responsible for marketing 21 brands and over 100 products to consumers across Great Britain, with a focus upon developing new brands and extending existing brands including
More Press Releases
- Holly Willoughby gives Diet Coke a makeover to support ASDA Tickled Pink and Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- 2018 welcomes new look, new campaign and new flavours for Diet Coke following brand refresh
- Diet Coke unveils limited-edition can designs to celebrate new on-pack promotion
- Schweppes creates the world’s first scientifically-designed perfect serve G&T glass
- Oasis introduces world's first double ended togetherness bottle