Schweppes Abbey Well is celebrating its status as the Official Water of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games with a bold and eye-catching new design. Refreshing the British natural mineral water brand, the new look will be supported in-store, with further activity set to run ahead of the Olympic Games.
The new design dials up the quintessentially British heritage of Schweppes Abbey Well, which to this day is taken from a single, naturally protected source in Northumberland. Adding a contemporary new feel, the packaging and POS support will create standout in-store across the brand’s range of still as well as sparkling water.
Schweppes Abbey Well will be the only packaged water available at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and is predicted to make up around 40% of all
Zoe Howorth, Market Activation Director for CCGB comments: “We’re excited to be revealing a contemporary new look for Schweppes Abbey Well and celebrating the brand’s British roots ahead of the Olympic Games. As the only bottled water available for sale at Olympic and Paralympic venues, we’re looking forward to refreshing consumers as they enjoy a busy summer of sport.”
For more information, please contact:
Stef Morley firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 908 6439
Katherine Dempsey email@example.com / 020 7908 6402
Melanie Jack firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7908 6542
Notes to editors:
• Schweppes Abbey Well is available in PET: 500ml still and sparkling, 750ml still with sports cap and glass: 330ml still and sparking, 750ml still and sparkling
• In 2011 the Waters category grew by 3.2% in volume and Schweppes Abbey Well surpassed this at 45.8% growth (Nielsen data 52 w/e 31/12/2011)
• The new packaging design was created by Kontrapunkt, Copenhagen
More Press Releases
Life just got peachy!
Coca-Colabrings Coca-ColaZero Sugar Peach to UK shores
- Coca-Cola launches the Ultimate Christmas Sleepover, giving Christmas fans a once in a lifetime chance to sleep inside the iconic red truck
- Candice Brown celebrates the launch of new Fanta Orange recipe
- Explore your adventurous side with Schweppes’ premium new 1783 range
- Diet Coke unveils limited-edition can designs to celebrate new on-pack promotion