Coca-Cola GB today announced Jennifer Aniston will play a leading role in premium bottled water glaceau smartwater’s UK launch campaign, following the brands high profile London launch event last week.
The actress is already the brand’s spokesperson in the United States and will provide the voiceover for the TVC and feature in the OOH and digital campaign.
The UK is the first market in Europe to launch the product, following strong success in the US becoming the market leading premium bottled water brand.
The £1.38bn UK bottled water category, has grown +6% year on year[i] and is forecast to increase by a further 8% over the next three years[ii]. Coca-Cola Great Britain aims to drive growth in rapidly growing category in this market.
glaceau smartwater is targeting the UK’s millions of bottled water drinkers and is looking to make an immediate impact with young professionals; the group are heavy bottled water consumers due to a fast paced lifestyle juggling work, entrepreneurial and social activities.
The Autumn campaign includes:
- A new TVC, developed by agency Circus Maximus and shot by director Tim Brown at Stink. glacéau smartwater is inspired by clouds and this TVC takes the viewer on an imaginative and whimsical journey.
- A high profile OOH campaign will go live over 4500 sites, including some of the most iconic advertising spots in the UK.
- glaceau smartwater is also leveraging social and digital media, launching Twitter and Instagram feeds.
"Jennifer Aniston is a powerful global spokesperson for glaceau smartwater and we’re delighted that she will play a lead role in the UK launch campaign. The brand, with Jennifer at the helm, has proven a winning formula in the US and we are confident British audiences will respond with similar enthusiasm." Philippa Classey, Brand Director - North-West Europe and Nordics
- ENDS -
About glaceau smartwater
glaceau smartwater is the first ever bottled water brand in the UK to use a unique method of vapour distillation, using British spring water in its evaporation, condensation, and precipitation process. A combination of electrolytes is then added (a blend of magnesium, calcium and potassium compounds) resulting in a taste that’s distinctly crisp, clean and fresh. glacéau smartwater is available in 600ml and 850ml bottles from a wide range of outlets including; supermarkets, independent retailers and key on the go partners – so there’s no excuse for not picking up a bottle.
For more information contact:
Andy May, firstname.lastname@example.org
0203 542 1119
[i] Canadean estimates 2014
[ii] Zenith International forecasts published Oct 2013
More Press Releases
- Tube Ghoul Spooks Commuters
Zero sugar, spice and all things nice!
Coca-ColaZero Sugar launches limited-edition cinnamon flavour
Coca-ColaZero Sugar’s Mr Hadley: Coca-ColaZero Sugar launches new TVC “First Taste”
- Coca-Cola and WWF renew partnership to protect precious UK river habitats
- HONEST® Kids reveals over a FIFTH of UK children don’t know that APPLES grow on TREES