New sensory pop-up opens to the public, curated to provide people with brain tingles and mind-gasms as they journey through the world of ASMR
9 November 2018: Fuze Tea has today opened the doors to a new and free immersive pop-up experience to bring the world of ASMR to life. The ASMR Experience Rooms by Fuze Tea in Soho, London will offer people the opportunity to take some time out of their busy lives and relax by experiencing ASMR first hand.
ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) – defined as a brain reaction to a euphoric experience, resulting in a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine – is one of the latest trends in relaxation and mindfulness.
The experience comes as Fuze Tea encourages people to take a step back and enjoy some me-time, offering the public the opportunity to relax and unwind with a unique experience, created in partnership with leading ASMRtist, Emma Smith (Whispers Red).
YouTuber and ASMRtist, Emma Smith (Whispers Red) says, “ASMR is a great way to relax and calm yourself after a busy day. Different people have different triggers, so this pop up is a fun way to make the most of your me-time and experience them first-hand, learn how ASMR works and find out what your trigger could be.”
Christina Lecky, Senior Brand Manager, Fuze Tea says, “We’re delighted to bring the first ever immersive ASMR experience to the UK as we continue our campaign to encourage people to switch off and relax. Working with Whispers Red, we have identified some of the best ASMR triggers and our ASMR Experience Rooms are the perfect place for consumers to come and take a step back and enjoy some me-time in a unique way.”
The experience starts as soon as the public descend the stairs through a relaxing aroma mist and calming sounds. They can then wander through the five experience rooms, before culminating in the Fuze Tea ‘taste’ area where they can enjoy a free sample of the delicious iced tea. The rooms to be experienced are:
- Introduction zone – enter this room and leave the world behind you. Relax on the beanbags and listen to the soothing sound of Whispers Red, as she introduces you to what ASMR is, and how it could benefit you.
- Sound zone – the five pods in this room each have different sounds on loop, all based on the most popular ASMR triggers, which include: whispering, hair drying, typing, writing stroking and stroking.
- Trigger zone – here you’ll find five stations that each create a different sound based on the most popular ASMR triggers which include: crinkly packets, rice, pencil on paper, water gems and rain sticks.
- Experience zone – two colourful domes that you can step into and switch off as you experience two touch triggers: a head and shoulder massage, and face brushing.
- Touch zone – with everything you touch being a trigger, here you can have a go at touching the panels and listening close to see if you get any trigger responses.
In the past year, the number of videos tagged have increased dramatically from 5 million to 13 million, with hundreds of new ASMR videos posted every hour.
Research also finds that searches for “What is ASMR?” have gone up 140% in the last month, with 37% of ASMR searches going through to YouTube and 29% to Wikipedia. Curiosity amongst the 18-24 age group is highest with 42% more likely than the average person to look for ASMR content.
Fuze Tea is refreshingly different from your average iced tea because of the exciting fusion of fruit, botanicals and tea extracts. It’s available in major supermarkets and chain convenience stores nationwide in the following flavours: Peach Hibiscus with black tea extracts and Mango Chamomile with green tea extracts.
Noho Studios, 46 Great Titchfield Street, W1W 7QA
Day and time:
Friday 9th November: 1 p.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday 10th November: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
This is a ticketed event and places are limited. To sign up for tickets go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/asmr-experience-rooms-by-fuze-tea-tickets-51647595348?utm_term=eventurl_text.
More Press Releases
- Schweppes invites you to unlock a hidden world of alchemy at London Cocktail Week
- Summer comes early as Diet Coke launches Twisted Strawberry in the UK
Zero sugar, spice and all things nice!
Coca-ColaZero Sugar launches limited-edition cinnamon flavour
- Schweppes creates the world’s first scientifically-designed perfect serve G&T glass
It’s going to be a berry tasty summer as
Coca-Colazero sugar Raspberry launches in the UK