Last week Diet Coke caused a frenzy after posting a film teasing an exciting new designer collection. After much speculation and hundreds of guesses from excited fans, today Diet Coke can officially announce it is partnering with leading British fashion designer, J.W.Anderson.
The iconic soft drinks brand, which has a strong heritage of fashion collaborations, will unveil J.W.Anderson’s designs at the end of July. The exclusive collection will feature two limited-edition designer Diet Coke aluminum bottles, t-shirts, a tote bag and premium notebook. J.W.Anderson has taken inspiration from its signature knitwear prints and bold hyper-realistic photography, marking the first time Diet Coke has used photography on its designer bottles.
The collection forms an exciting part of Diet Coke’s ‘Regret Nothing’ campaign, which aims to inspire and empower people to embrace their impulsive side.
Jonathan Anderson, the founding designer of London-based J.W.Anderson, embodies the regret nothing philosophy. Jonathan originally wanted to pursue a career in acting but, after discovering a love for stage costume, made the brave decision to turn his hand to fashion. He hasn’t looked back and J.W.Anderson has evolved into an internationally renowned and award-winning brand with accolades including multiple British Fashion Award wins.
Designer Jonathan Anderson said, “I view Diet Coke as a pop culture icon so I was excited to have the opportunity to put my stamp on ‘Regret Nothing’. You can expect something completely different with lots of cool surprises.”
Bobby Brittain, GB marketing strategy and activation director for
A limited-edition collector’s box set, featuring J.W.Anderson’s Diet Coke bottles and notebook will be available exclusively, while stocks last from 17 August in Harvey Nichols stores across the country. Fans will also have the opportunity to bag a piece of the collection on Diet Coke social media channels from the beginning of August.
Diet Coke has a long tradition of collaborating with famous fashion designers, with J.W.Anderson following in the fashionable footsteps of Jean Paul Gaultier, Karl Lagerfeld, Matthew Williamson, Patricia Field and Marc Jacobs.
To get the latest on the collaboration, visit facebook.com/DietCoke or follow @DietCokeGB and join the conversation using #DietCokeJWA.
- Ends -
For further information or imagery, please email email@example.com
• Portrait of Jonathan Anderson by Matt Irwin
• ‘Behind the scenes’ pictures by Pierre Loubaton
• Teaser and unveil films by Wolkoff et Arnodin / La Moufle
Coca Cola Great Britain is responsible for marketing 19 brands and over 100 products to consumers across Great Britain. Led by Coca Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognisable brands, our company portfolio includes Fanta, Sprite, Dr Pepper, Oasis, glaceau vitaminwater, glaceau smartwater, Schweppes, 5 Alive, Lilt, Kia Ora and Powerade. For more information about Coca Cola in Great Britain, please visit our website at www.coca-cola.co.uk.
About Diet Coke
• Diet Coke is the world’s #1 diet soft drink
• It has a global value of over $11 billion
• It is sold in 167 markets
• A total of 2.7 billion people in Europe have consumed Diet Coke since its launch in 1983
• Over 7 billion people have enjoyed 336 billion litres of Diet Coke globally over the past three decades
‘Diet Coke’ is a registered trademark of The
J.W.Anderson was established in 2008 by Jonathan William Anderson and is regarded as one of London’s most innovative fashion brands. J.W.Anderson’s menswear, womenswear and accessory collections propose a modern interpretation of style, wardrobe and dress. Season after season, the brand advances its playful aesthetic in the global narrative of fashion. It continuously celebrates and explores the discipline of storytelling within fashion. Visit www.j-w-anderson.com or follow @jw_anderson
More Press Releases
- Trick or Treat: welcome to the Fanta Feast of Fears
- Fuze Tea opens the UK’s first ever immersive ASMR sensory experience
- GLACÉAU Smartwater unveils supermodel Jourdan Dunn as the new face of the brand
- Coca-Cola in Western Europe sets ambitious new sustainability commitments on drinks, packaging and society
- Holly Willoughby gives Diet Coke a makeover to support ASDA Tickled Pink and Breast Cancer Awareness Month