To celebrate the next phase of its 30th birthday, Diet Coke is bringing some sparkle to Tesco stores across the country in the form of a bespoke photo booth. The complimentary photo experience will invite consumers to strike their best pose before forming part of a larger Diet Coke Mosaic on the Facebook page. The online celebrations will also see a dedicated Diet Coke page on Tesco.com for further sparkling photo uploads and the chance to star on Tesco packaging.
The photo booth will be visiting 10 key Tesco stores nationwide from Wednesday, where fans will have the chance to have their photo taken*. Channelling the Marc Jacobs for Diet Coke photo booth and three-decade films revealed earlier this year, the booth will feature backdrops bringing to life his 80s bows, 90s swallows and 00s polka dots designs. Everyone who visits will also receive a print out as well as selected images joining the 30th birthday Mosaic on the brand’s Facebook page.
" This is a great opportunity for Diet Coke fans to get involved in the brand’s 30th birthday celebrations. The online Mosaic engages with our key target audience who love taking and sharing photos with their friends. The photo booth will also help spread some further sparkle to consumers across Tesco stores as they take a memento home with them." Zoe Howorth, Marketing Director for
For those unable to get to a Tesco store there will be further activity to engage customers through a Diet Coke page hosted on the Tesco website. This will give everyone the chance to upload their favourite shot to become part of the recently launched 30th anniversary Mosaic hosted on the Diet Coke Facebook page. The brand is also inviting fans to submit their most sparkling photos to share with fans across the world by using #dietcoke30 across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
All of the images will then be gathered together to form three intricate Mosaics of the hunk from the Gardener TVC and give fans the chance to zoom in to see themselves and their friends. Diet Coke will then be celebrating Tesco shoppers by allowing them to upload their photos on Tesco.com and giving them the chance to star on 24-packs which will be available exclusively in Tesco stores.
" Our customers love to engage in theatre both in-store and on-line. So we are delighted to partner with Diet Coke on this unique customer opportunity. Mosaic's in-store photo booths will certainly add some fun to the shopping trip and we look forward to seeing Tesco customers starring on the special 30 year celebration packs of Diet Coke later in the year." David Wood, UK Marketing Director for Tesco
- ENDS -
• As photographs submitted will be potentially used within future Diet Coke packaging and communications, only those over the age of 16 are permitted to have a photograph taken in the photo booth, or submit a photo online. Under 18s will also require parental consent. Full terms and conditions available online at tesco.com/sparklingtogether
Katherine Dempsey, Lexis- firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7908 6402
Olivia McMonagle, Lexis- email@example.com, 020 7908 6466
For more information visit:
Photo Booth route:
10th April – St Helens Linkway, Merseyside
11th April – Savile Street, Sheffield
12th April – Town Gate Retail Park, Dudley
13th April – Leicester Street, Bedworth
14th April – East Walk, Yate
17th April – Escot Road, Sunbury-on-Thames
18th April – Oldfields Road, Sutton-Cheam
19th April – Hornchuch Road, Hornchurch
20th April – Bryant Avenue, Romford
21st April – Brookfield Centre, Cheshunt
About Diet Coke
• Diet Coke is the world’s #1 diet soft drink
• It has a global value of over $11 billion
• It is sold in 167 markets
• A total of 2.7 billion people in Europe have consumed Diet Coke since its launch in 1983
• Over 7 billion people have enjoyed 336 billion litres of Diet Coke globally over the past three decades
‘Diet Coke’ is a registered trademark of The
Notes to Editors:
Coca-Cola Great Britain and
More Press Releases
- Smartwater launches new sparkling fruit flavours range just in time for summer
- GLACÉAU Smartwater unveils supermodel Jourdan Dunn as the new face of the brand
- Schweppes invites you to unlock a hidden world of alchemy at London Cocktail Week
- Tube Ghoul Spooks Commuters
Zero sugar, spice and all things nice!
Coca-ColaZero Sugar launches limited-edition cinnamon flavour