- Diet Coke has unveiled a new look as part of a 2018 brand refresh
- Designed specifically for the UK market, the new design brings a contemporary feel to the brand, whilst still using the iconic silver colour
- New look coincides with a new brand campaign and new flavours for the brand
Monday 26th February - Diet Coke has unveiled a new £10m advertising campaign to support its new campaign for 2018. As part of a brand refresh, the first development will see packs across the UK take on a fresh, new look and feel. The new pack design will coincide with the arrival of bold new flavours and a new marketing campaign.
Following an extensive design process, the updated design has been developed specifically for the UK market in mind. With the aim of appealing to both current fans and new drinkers, the iconic silver can will incorporate a larger logo etched into the background – a subtle but contemporary update set to hit shelves from February.
As part of the brand refresh, two new flavours are also set to join the Diet Coke family in the UK; Exotic Mango and Feisty Cherry. The result of extensive consumer testing which saw 30 new flavours tested with more than 10,000 people, the new variants will offer drinkers an unexpected twist on the unique, crisp taste of original Diet Coke.
Completing a trio of exciting developments for the brand, is a new campaign creative Because I Can, which will see the brand encourage consumers to live their life unapologetically. The campaign represents a departure for the brand which has a rich heritage of campaigns including the Diet Coke Hunk and the “Get the Gang Back Together” campaign. The new, light-hearted 30-second TV ad will air from the start of March. The campaign will also feature above-the line activations including six-sheets, bus advertising and digital marketing.
Aedamar Howlett, Marketing Director for
“We have listened to consumers at every step of the way, from the new design, to new flavours and look, to continue to engage and interact with our customers in exciting ways as our Because I Can campaign rolls out in the coming months.”
For more information, visit facebook.com/DietCoke or follow @DietCokeGB.
Notes to Editors:
For further information or imagery, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Coca-Cola Great Britain:
Coca-Cola Great Britain is responsible for marketing 20 brands and over 80 products to consumers across Great Britain. Led by
More Press Releases
- Diet Coke unveils limited-edition can designs to celebrate new on-pack promotion
- Holly Willoughby gives Diet Coke a makeover to support ASDA Tickled Pink and Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Holidays are Coming, as
Coca-Colareveals 2018 Christmas Truck tour dates
- Coca-Cola Great Britain and Keep Britain Tidy launch new litter prevention partnership
- HONEST® Kids reveals over a FIFTH of UK children don’t know that APPLES grow on TREES