Diet Coke, the world’s #1 selling diet soft drink is privileged to announce that leading visionary, Marc Jacobs, has been unveiled as creative director exclusively for 2013. The partnership will be an exciting element of the ‘Sparkling Together For 30 Years’ campaign, as the brand celebrates its milestone 30th Anniversary.
Marc Jacobs brings his unique vision to the brand, by creating a limited edition collection of must-have cans, uniting the stylish and light-hearted personalities of both icons. Inspired by the three decades, the chic designs will capture the rise of female empowerment through the ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s, with a whimsical twist - true to Jacobs’ signature style.
One of this generation's hottest and most influential designers, Marc Jacobs’ designs exude a youthful spirit, with provocative artistry - the perfect partner to collaborate with Diet Coke. With this exciting appointment, Diet Coke will build on its impressive heritage of fashion collaborations.
" I feel very privileged to be the new creative director of Diet Coke and put my stamp on the 30th Anniversary campaign. Diet Coke is an icon… and I love an icon" Marc Jacobs
‘I Heart ‘80s’ embodies the rise of the empowered woman in all her 1980s glory. Marc Jacobs captures her in a timeless and classic style, with a strong rebellious current, which also portrays the designer’s love of theatre. The bow tie and shining lights of Broadway incorporated into the design, also reference the spectacular launch of Diet Coke at Radio City NYC, where the world’s first diet soft drink made its US debut in 1982.
The ‘I Heart ‘90s’ creative is a dynamic reinterpretation of the decade, showcasing the extravagant attitude of the era where fashion, music and art collided in a glamorous exploration of strong femininity and daring attitude. Marc’s signature swallow motif adds a romantic element to the design and features iconic ‘90s fashion accessories including the exaggerated couture trilby hat and treasured stiletto heel.
‘I Heart ‘00s’ design is a playful and lighthearted illustration of the sporty-cool decade, embodying humour, sexiness and energy. The evocative silhouette is directly inspired by the Marc Jacobs Spring / Summer 2013 runway show and features his signature red polka dot motif – a hallmark of his early collections. The stripes and geometric patterns detailed in the graphic also bring to life the youthful exuberance and the eclectic mix of inspirations that make fashion in the ‘00s so diverse.
The exciting Diet Coke Sparkling Together with Marc Jacobs limited edition collection will be available across cans nationwide from 25th February. These cans along with contour bottles and multipacks will also feature an exclusive code for the chance to win a Marc Jacobs tote. The ultimate fashion accessory to be seen with this season, everyone will be in with a chance to win as a bag will be given away every minute*. The tote features Diet Coke’s iconic red and silver colours with a quirky Marc Jacobs twist of red polka dots.
- ENDS -
* Promotional packs of Diet Coke can be redeemed online at www.cokezone.co.uk or by SMS to 88555 for the chance to win a Marc Jacobs tote bag every minute (from 9am on 27th Febuary 2013 until 9pm 9th April 2013). Terms and conditions apply.
To view the ‘Marc Jacobs Photo Booth Break’ teaser on YouTube, visit: http://CokeURL.com/DietCokeMJ
For more information on 30 Years of Diet Coke visit:
Diet Coke PR Enquires:
firstname.lastname@example.org - 0207 908 6466
About Diet Coke
• Diet Coke is the world’s #1 diet soft drink
• It has a global value of over $11 billion
• It is sold in 167 markets
• A total of 2.7 billion people in Europe have consumed Diet Coke since its launch in 1983
• Over 7 billion people have enjoyed 336 billion litres of Diet Coke globally over the past three decades
‘Diet Coke’ is a registered trademark of The
Coca-Cola Great Britain and
More Press Releases
- It’s a slam dunk for Coke’s new recycling campaign
- 2018 welcomes new look, new campaign and new flavours for Diet Coke following brand refresh
- HONEST® Kids reveals over a FIFTH of UK children don’t know that APPLES grow on TREES
- Tube Ghoul Spooks Commuters
- Holly Willoughby gives Diet Coke a makeover to support ASDA Tickled Pink and Breast Cancer Awareness Month