Diet Coke has collaborated with Channel 4 to create a bespoke ad mirroring the much-loved ‘hunk’, starring well-known faces from the channel’s most popular shows. This exclusive 20 second teaser will premiere on Friday 1st March, before the new Diet Coke ‘hunk’ 60 second ad breaks on air. These form the most recent part of the celebrations for Diet Coke’s ‘Sparkling Together for 30 Years’ activity.
The teaser will wish Diet Coke a ‘happy birthday’ and features some of the broadcaster’s hottest ‘talent’ including: Made in Chelsea’s Ollie Proudlock, TV presenters George Lamb and Rick Edwards, with eight male models. The eleven handsome men will then be positioned on and around white blocks, each next to a can of Diet Coke and wearing classic ‘hunk’ attire – blue jeans and a white top.
The bespoke ad will air in a 20 second teaser exclusively on Channel 4 at 5:45pm before the new full 60 second ‘Gardener’ ad airs at 8.50pm. The teaser and full-length ad will then appear alongside one another in following spots until 4th March.
" Not only is it a real coup for Channel 4 to premiere Diet Coke’s hotly anticipated new hunk ad – but we’re really excited to have the opportunity to mark this key advertising moment and 30th anniversary in Channel 4’s own innovative way." Felicity Ives, Group Partnerships Manager at Channel 4
Sassy Films Ltd are responsible for the creative, which takes inspiration from Channel 4’s ident and features Diet Coke’s ‘Sparkling Together for 30 Years’ strapline.
From Friday 1st March, the Channel 4 TV personalities will also be tweeting to encourage their Twitter followers to tune in to the exclusive broadcasts of both ads.
" It’s exciting for us to be able to continue the celebrations of Diet Coke’s 30th anniversary through innovative ways. The Diet Coke ‘hunk’ has become synonymous with the brand and is an instantly recognisable icon. The reincarnation of a much-loved classic for the 30th anniversary allows us to bring some sparkle to viewers’ screens. The exciting idents and new TVC will also introduce a whole new generation of women to the Diet Coke ‘hunk’." Zoe Howorth, Marketing Director for
Diet Coke launched its new ‘hunk’ TV ad campaign via Facebook on Monday 28th January. The 60 second ad is an updated take on the Diet Coke hunk ad campaign of the nineties and features British model Andrew Cooper taking a break from mowing the lawn and exposing his chiselled chest having sprayed Diet Coke over his t-shirt.
- ENDS -
Channel 4 Press contact:
Claire Cumberland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 306 8315
Diet Coke Press contacts:
Katherine Dempsey, Lexis- email@example.com, 020 7908 6402
Olivia McMonagle, Lexis- firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7908 6466
Notes to editors:
Both ads were planned and bought by
For more information visit:
About Diet Coke:
• Diet Coke is the world’s #1 diet soft drink
• It has a global value of over $11 billion
• It is sold in 167 markets
• A total of 2.7 billion people in Europe have consumed Diet Coke since its launch in 1983 Over 7 billion people have enjoyed 336 billion litres of Diet Coke globally over the past three decades
• ‘Diet Coke’ is a registered trademark of The
Coca-Cola Great Britain and
More Press Releases
- The truth about social friendships: Brits count just 5% of their social media followers as ‘close’ friends
- Smartwater launches new sparkling fruit flavours range just in time for summer
- Explore your adventurous side with Schweppes’ premium new 1783 range
- GLACÉAU Smartwater unveils supermodel Jourdan Dunn as the new face of the brand
- Fuze Tea opens the UK’s first ever immersive ASMR sensory experience