Coca-Cola launches refreshed advert to celebrate newly promoted clubs to the Premier League for the 2019/20 season
- New advert welcomes Aston Villa, Norwich City and Sheffield United to the Premier League
- The spot features surprise appearances from Norwich City’s Delia Smith, Sheffield United legend Brian Deane and Manchester United star Jesse Lingard
- The advert forms part of
Coca-Cola’s Where Everyone Plays campaign, celebrating the power football has to bring people together
LONDON, Monday 5th August 2019:
The updated advert, directed by Stacey Wall, features fans of each of the newly promoted clubs and includes some very special guest appearances, celebrating iconic moments for each of the clubs.
To mark Norwich City’s return to the top flight, TV cook and long-standing Norwich City supporter and director, Delia Smith, relives her infamous rallying cry from 2005, in the form of her famous fish pie. Meanwhile Sheffield United’s return is marked with Brian Deane, who scored the first ever goal in the Premier League for Sheffield United, surprising excited fans in a local bar. Aston Villa fans are featured in a Barbers getting a haircut with a difference in tribute to current star Jack Grealish.
On her involvement in the campaign, Delia commented: “It’s almost 15 years since that game against Manchester City, but the fans haven’t forgotten! It was a spontaneous, emotional appeal from the heart to get behind the team and shows the power of football to unite. It’s a privilege to be involved in such a big celebration of football communities with
Commenting on the launch of the new TVC, Kris Robbens, Marketing Director at
The Where Everyone Plays campaign celebrates the people who make the Premier League the most exciting and diverse league in the world and the advert features no less than 250 fans from across all 20 clubs. The new edit showcases never-before-seen scenes from the remaining 17 clubs in the original advert, as well as brand new scenes from the three new clubs.
The advert will run throughout the 2019/20 season premiering on Monday 5th on ITV at 19:45.
More Press Releases
- Coca-Cola turns fans’ world’s upside-down with the launch of a Stranger Things Arcade and 800 limited-edition cans
- Diet Coke Great Britain launches humorous new campaign starring TV star Tanya Reynolds to celebrate flavour range
It’s going to be a berry tasty summer as
Coca-Colazero sugar Raspberry launches in the UK
- Coca-Cola Great Britain and Keep Britain Tidy launch new litter prevention partnership
- Coca-Cola in Western Europe sets ambitious new sustainability commitments on drinks, packaging and society