- Coca-Cola Great Britain has partnered with Merlin Entertainments to offer a 50% discount at the UK’s best-known attractions in exchange for empty plastic bottles
- The initiative, which launched in 2018, has been extended to more attractions this year in response to positive consumer feedback and demand
London, 8th July 2019: As the summer gets underway, thrifty thrill-seekers will be able to enjoy an adrenaline rush for less as
Launching from the 8th July 2019, the 23 machines will be available at leading UK Merlin attractions, including Alton Towers Resort, Thorpe Park Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort and the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. Following popular demand, the reverse vending machine has also rolled out to additional new sites this year, including SEA LIFE Blackpool, SEA LIFE London and Warwick Castle Resort.
Sandra Hazel (Group Head of Being a Force for Good) comments: “We are delighted to extend this initiative after great success in 2019. We care about recycling and know that our customers do too. This partnership is a great way to work together to protect our planet and is just one of the initiatives we are invested in to increase recycling at our attractions.”
Kris Robbens, Marketing Director at
In a further push to reduce packaging and waste,
The partnership with Merlin Entertainments builds on several actions taken by
The reverse vending machines will be in place until 17th October 2019 at Alton Towers Resort, Thorpe Park Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort and the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort and until 31st March 2020 at all other participating attractions.
More Press Releases
- Thrilling transformation for Fanta
It’s going to be a berry tasty summer as
Coca-Colazero sugar Raspberry launches in the UK
Coca-Cola Great Britain announces the launch of
- Coca-Cola and WWF renew partnership to protect precious UK river habitats
- Coca-Cola Great Britain announces nationwide Premier League Trophy Tour