Coca-Cola European Partners is introducing a new slimline 250ml can across
This new pack is being introduced in addition to the standard 330ml can and reflects the Coca-Cola system’s commitment to offering consumers a greater choice of refreshing products to suit all lifestyles.
The 250ml can will be widely available in convenience stores for on-the-go shoppers nationwide from mid-July. It will have a recommended retail price of 49p.
The can will be available across all
Jon Woods, General Manager for
“The 250ml can is a really exciting new addition to the
“It also forms part of our ongoing commitment to provide the people who enjoy our drinks with greater choice in terms of calories and portion size, supporting our goal of helping to promote greater awareness of energy balance in diets across the UK.”
The announcement forms part of a series of commitments that the Coca-Cola system has made to help tackle obesity in the UK by providing greater choice and information for consumers. It follows last year’s introduction of the pocket size 375ml PlantBottle™ plastic bottle, which was the first new on-the-go pack size launch in almost 20 years.
Earlier this year
The company also announced that it was taking further actions to implement the Department of Health’s Responsibility Deal Calorie Reduction Pledge, to which
- Launching a new, reduced calorie Sprite in the UK in March 2013: the reformulated Sprite contains 30% less sugar versus most sugared drinks and completely replaced the existing Sprite;
- A new
Coca-ColaZero advertisement: The advert, launched in April, built on consumer awareness of Coca-ColaZero’s great Coke taste, zero sugar, no calorie message. Today over 40% of the Coca-Cola™ sold in the UK is Coca-ColaZero or Diet Coke;
- A renewed three-year partnership with UK charity StreetGames, to 2015, which continues the company’s commitment to delivering a lasting legacy of grassroots sports participation following the London 2012 Olympic Games. Since 2010
Coca-ColaGreat Britain’s partnership with StreetGames has delivered doorstep sport to more than 110,000 young people in the UK.
These actions built on
- Calorie Reduction Pledge: in March 2012, the
Coca-Colasystem in Great Britain announced plans to reduce the calories in some of its leading soft drinks by at least 30%. It plans to reduce the average calories per litre of its range of sparkling soft drinks by 5% by the end of 2014. Since 2007, Coca-ColaGreat Britain has reduced the calorie content of: Fanta Orange by 30%; Oasis by 35%; Lilt by 56% and Sprite by 30%.
- Nutrition Labelling: since 2003 the
Coca-Colasystem voluntarily included nutrition information on the labelling of all its products. In 2007 it introduced Guideline Daily Amount (GDA) labelling on the front of its packaging. This includes calorie information.
- Physical activity:
Coca-ColaGreat Britain is a member of the Department of Health’s Responsibility Deal and a partner of the Food, Physical Activity and Workplace Wellbeing Networks. It uses the appeal of the company and its brands to encourage people to become more active, more often. It does this through:
- Its partnership with StreetGames, which reaches thousands of young people from the UK’s disadvantaged communities, getting them active and involved in sport on their doorsteps.
- Its 35 year partnership with Special Olympics GB which provides year-round sports training and competition for intellectually disabled people.
- As the longest continuous sponsor of the Olympic Movement, The
Coca-ColaCompany always aims to use each Olympic and Paralympic Games as a catalyst to become a better business and positively impact the communities in which each Games takes place.
- ENDS -
Coca-Cola Great Britain is responsible for marketing 21 brands and over 100 products to consumers across Great Britain, with a focus upon developing new brands and extending existing brands including
Coca-Cola Great Britain is committed to developing innovative, responsible and sustainable initiatives that help protect the environment. Recently, the
More Press Releases
- Candice Brown celebrates the launch of new Fanta Orange recipe
Life just got peachy!
Coca-Colabrings Coca-ColaZero Sugar Peach to UK shores
- Explore your adventurous side with Schweppes’ premium new 1783 range
It's Lift Off for New
- HONEST® Kids reveals over a FIFTH of UK children don’t know that APPLES grow on TREES