London, 24 March 2012:
It is the latest action
Enabling consumers to choose a low calorie, zero sugar drink has long been a key focus for CCGB and one which has resulted in all major brands it produces now having a widely available no calorie, zero sugar or low calorie alternative.
In the past few years alone, the
To achieve today’s pledge to cut the average calories per litre of its range of sparkling soft drinks by 5%, the
- Invest £15 million in the reformulation of several of its leading soft drinks brands by 2014.
- Reduce the calories in the brands it reformulates by at least 30%, while retaining the great taste consumers demand*
Increase promotion of our no calorie, zero sugar colas:
- Increase the marketing budget for its no calorie, zero sugar colas (Diet Coke and
Coca-ColaZero) by 25% by the end of 2014
- Work with retailers to increase the availability of its no calorie, zero sugar colas (Diet Coke and
Coca-ColaZero) where those drinks are currently limited
- Offer its widest ever range of drinks at London 2012: it expects that 75% of the drinks it sells at London 2012 will be water, juice or low or zero calorie drinks
Coca-Cola Great Britain recognises that Government, businesses and consumers need to work together if Britain is to become healthier. Today’s announcement builds on the company’s commitment to play an important role by offering a broader choice of drinks for its consumers, helping people make informed choices and encouraging active lifestyles.
An initial signatory when the Deal was launched in March 2011,
¹TCCC Internal Sales System (Compass full Year 2011)
For more information, please contact:
Coca-Cola press office on +44 (0) 20 7998 6287 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors
*Further details on which brands will be reformulated will be announced in due course. However,
**A full list of CCGB’s Responsibility Deal commitments can be found at http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/health/responsibility-deal/
Our business in Great Britain is made up of two separate companies that manufacture, distribute and market our range of drinks:
More Press Releases
- Explore your adventurous side with Schweppes’ premium new 1783 range
- Coca-Cola continues support for LGBT+ community with a new film and Pride sponsorship
- Coca-Cola in Western Europe sets ambitious new sustainability commitments on drinks, packaging and society
Hashtag brunch goals:
Coca-Colalaunches three new Zero Sugar Flavours… Avocado, Sourdough and Charcoal
Life just got peachy!
Coca-Colabrings Coca-ColaZero Sugar Peach to UK shores