It's pretty satisfying to whip out the dustpan and brush, plug in the vacuum cleaner, and give your home a new lease of life. But why stop inside when there’s a whole wide world out there to help spruce up?
Every year, Coca-Cola Great Britain proudly partners with Keep Britain Tidy to support the Great British Spring Clean – the nation’s single biggest clean-up and recycling event. And it’s never been easier to get involved...
How you can make a difference
Working together, Keep Britain Tidy and Coca-Cola Great Britain want to inspire 500,000 people to get outdoors with their friends and family, have some fun, and do something incredibly important for their community this spring.
Namely? Cleaning up and recycling. We’re heading out to tackle the ugly litter that blights our communities, ruins our enjoyment of public spaces, harms wildlife and can end up on beaches and in the sea. And we’d love for you to join us.
Here’s how you can get involved in 4 easy steps:
- Register on the Keep Britain Tidy website
- Enter your postcode into the event map to find a litterpick near you (or organise your own local event)
- Download Keep Britain Tidy’s Guide to the Great British Spring Clean for guidance, prep advice and fun tips
- Then grab your friends, family and neighbours (and some hardy gloves) and get ready for a spot of litter-picking!
Need some guidance when you’re out and about? This year we’re asking people to bring a range of bags to help recycle their picked litter as smartly as possible:
- Bag 1: Plastic bottles
- Bag 2: Glass bottles
- Bag 3: Aluminium cans
- Bag 4: General waste
And we might even see you there, since many of our employees will be out at clean-up events across the whole of Great Britain – and we’re actively encouraging everyone who works with us to do the same.
“Littering blights every corner of our country and the help of partners is vital if we are to support all the #LitterHeroes who are willing to get out and clean up after those who still think it is OK to drop their rubbish on the ground.”
— Keep Britain Tidy Chief Executive, Allison Ogden-Newton
Why get involved?
All bottles and cans from Coca-Cola are 100% recyclable and can have a useful second (or third or fourth!) life when they’re recycled, but we need to get those bottles off our streets, out of our rivers and into recycling plants where they can be recycled.
- 2.25m pieces of litter are dropped on the streets of the UK every day
- In 2018, 370,000 #LitterHeroes joined forces – despite the gnarly ‘Beast from the East’ weather – to collect litter at 13,500 events around the UK
- 89% of people who take part in the Great British Spring Clean feel that they are making a real difference to the environment on their doorstep
- 83% say they feel more part of their community
- 92% say they enjoyed volunteering their time cause
And remember: you don’t have to go crazy; it’s not about collecting bags and bags of litter (although that would be great!) – just one bag, or half an hour of your time, will make a huge difference. We’ll see you out there!
Want to help keep Britain tidy? Sign up to the next Great British Spring Clean.