How To Create Beautiful LED Lights From Recycled Coca-Cola Bottles | 5by20
In this video 5by20 artisan Sarah Turner shows how to make beautiful flower-shaped LED lights from recycled Coca-Cola plastic bottles. Here's how:
1. Cut around the top of your empty Coca-Cola bottle.
2. Shape the top of the bottle into petals using scissors.
3. Fold the petals so they stick outwards.
4. Snip around the rest of the left over bottle to create a strip, then snip some more to create separate strands, before folding it together.
5. Bend the strands slightly to resemble the inside of a flower.
6. Melt the ends of the strands so they curl, for a more natural effect.
7. Glue this and place inside the petals, then glue the rim of the bottle to an LED light.
8. Twist the LED light to turn it on, and voilà!
The empty Coca-Cola bottles are first cleaned, then sandblasted to turn them frosted and white in colour. The LEDs simply twist on and off and are powered by lithium watch batteries. The lights are waterproof so they can be used both indoors and outside during any season.
5by20 is Coca-Cola’s global commitment to enable the economic empowerment of 5 million women entrepreneurs by 2020. Since 2010, it has reached more than 1.2 million of these women across 60 different countries.
Find out more about eco artist and designer Sarah Turner and the beautiful items she's created from waste plastic bottles here: http://www.sarahturner.co.uk/
Learn more about our global 5by20 initiative and Coca-Cola Great Britain here: http://www.coca-cola.co.uk