In 1986, a
After much deliberation,
Standing at about 120 by 400 feet on one of the biggest hills in the region, the billboard stretches longer than a football field and is visible from space.
After many hours of strenuous work under the piercing sun, the monument was a single bottle from completion. Miguel Fuentes Zagal, a worker at the bottler, positioned the final bottle amid great fanfare, and the record-setting billboard was completed.
Out of these workers, 16 had contributed to the original project.
Igor Alcayaga Moran, general manager of the Embonor Arica plant, attributed the massive undertaking's success to the strength of his team.
- Coca-Cola celebrates past, present and future of Crete with limited-edition bottle
- Weed it and reap: Honest goes green with community gardening projects in London
- Five BFFs and a 5-star London hotel: The Ultimate Penthouse Stay-cation with Diet Coke
- 100% recyclable: Go behind the scenes of our latest campaign
- Coca-Cola Great Britain and Amazon: our partnership one year on