Since it was officially opened on 31 December, 1999, the London Eye has become a focal point for national moments such as the Millennium celebrations, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
So we were incredibly excited to become official sponsor of the iconic Thameside landmark in January 2015, and we look forward to playing a big part in future moments of happiness and celebration in London.
Watch our short timelapse video to see the Eye lit up in Coke red.
Coca-Cola in the capital: a brief history
- 1900: Coca Cola comes to London with Charles Candler, son of founder Asa Candler. He brings one jug of syrup with him on a visit from the US
- Early 1920s: Selfridges and the London Coliseum start selling Coca Cola from fountains
- 1954: our swirled logo appears on billboards at Piccadilly Circus
- 1969: we team up with London fashion store Biba’s Boutique for a TV ad that brings to life the mod scene of Carnaby Street. The soundtrack is a special recording of ‘Things go Better with Coke’ by The Who
- 2012: we sponsor the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- 2015: we become the official sponsor of the London Eye
Photo Story: See how your donations are turned into nutritious meals for those in need with
Coca-Colaand FareShare's 'Snap to Donate' campaign
‘I’m excited about the future!’: Dundee entrepreneur explains how
Coca-Cola's 5by20 initiative has helped her get set up in business
Coca-Colatakes on Mannequin Challenge at Christmas Truck Tour
- Meet Manny: Football vlogger and CokeTV presenter tackles twelve questions about life in front of the camera
CokeTV and chill? Tune in to
Coca-Cola’s new YouTube channel with hosts Manny and Dodie