Since it was officially opened on 31 December, 1999, the London Eye has become a focal point for national moments such as the Millennium celebrations, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
So we were incredibly excited to become official sponsor of the iconic Thameside landmark in January 2015, and we look forward to playing a big part in future moments of happiness and celebration in London.
Watch our short timelapse video to see the Eye lit up in Coke red.
Coca-Cola in the capital: a brief history
- 1900: Coca Cola comes to London with Charles Candler, son of founder Asa Candler. He brings one jug of syrup with him on a visit from the US
- Early 1920s: Selfridges and the London Coliseum start selling Coca Cola from fountains
- 1954: our swirled logo appears on billboards at Piccadilly Circus
- 1969: we team up with London fashion store Biba’s Boutique for a TV ad that brings to life the mod scene of Carnaby Street. The soundtrack is a special recording of ‘Things go Better with Coke’ by The Who
- 2012: we sponsor the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- 2015: we become the official sponsor of the London Eye
How 19-year-old Jay turned his life around with the help of StreetGames and ParkLives from
- Responsible Water Management in India and Beyond
- See how Coke Studio is bringing music to deaf fans in Pakistan
Video: Why this father of three from London can't get enough of ParkLives from
- 82-year-old great grandmother gets down with local MPs at ParkLives Zumba session outside Houses of Parliament