A third of people in Africa don’t have access to safe drinking water. Two thirds of the population don’t have access to proper sanitation. More people die from contaminated water than from all forms of violence combined, including wars.
In 2009, The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation launched the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN) to improve access to safe drinking water for two million African people by 2015. The vision has since expanded: we now aim to provide an additional four million people in Africa with safe water and sanitation by 2020.
Check out our progress to date:
The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation has co-funded numerous successful water projects with our partners. Find out more: http://www.tccaf.org/coca-cola-africa-foundation-partners.asp
- Tezenis x Coca-Cola: London launch of new capsule collection
- Christmas gifts that give back: Shop the Coca-Cola 5by20 artisan collection
- What is the circular economy, and why does it matter to Coca-Cola?
- Exploring New Ways to Improve Recycling in the UK
- Video: Taking HIV/AIDS medicines and more the ‘Last Mile’ in Africa