To raise money for charity, Coca-Cola Australia are offering fans a chance to own a piece of Kings Cross history. Find out more information about the eBay auction in these frequently asked questions:
1. How will the auction work, how can you make a bid?
The eBay auction will run for five days from 8pm on Wednesday, September 7 to 8pm Monday, September 12.
Any member of the public can go to eBay and place a bid. Bidding terms and conditions will be available on eBay.
2. Why are you auctioning the letters separately?
We want as many people as possible to have the chance to own a piece of Kings Cross history.
The whole sign as one package is too large to fit in an average living space but bidders are welcome to bid on all letters individually if they choose.
3. When does the auction begin?
The auction at ebay.com.au/cocacola will run for five days from 8pm on Wednesday, September 7 to 8pm Monday, September 12.
4. Will Coca-Cola be keeping any of the money generated from the auction?
No. The original ‘Coke sign’ will be auctioned with every penny raised going to The Wayside Chapel, a local charity that does exceptional work in the Kings Cross community.
5. How big are the letters?
The two largest letters, the ‘C’s’, are 5.43m tall, between 6.23 and 6.6m wide, 29cm deep and weigh 65kg each.
The smaller letters are between 2.75 and 2.81m tall, from 1.2 to 1.6m wide, 29cm deep and weigh between 25 and 40kg.
6. Will the successful bidders have to pick up the letters or will you deliver?
The letters will be prepared for collection by the successful bidders at a warehouse in Girraween in Western Sydney.
- Register as an eBay member: https://reg.ebay.com.au/reg/PartialReg
- Register to be added to the pre-approved bidder list: https://www/bidforgood.com.au/pre-approval
- Pay PayPal holding deposit of $50 via PayPal or credit card*
- You will receive SMS or email confirmation that your eBay user name has been added to the list of approved bidders
- Log into your eBay account
- Enter your maximum bid, and then click the Place Bid button
- Review your bid, and then click the Confirm Bid button**
*This requirement helps ensure that members involved are of legal age and serious about completing the transaction
** Don't bid on identical items in different listings if you only want one item. If you win both, you'll be obliged to buy both
- Global habits are negatively impacting our oceans. What can we do to save them?
- Baby Bump: One Family’s Unusual Way to Announce Their New Arrival
- International Women's Day: How Coca-Cola is Helping to Empower 5 Million Women Worldwide
- Going global: An interview with Coca-Cola Journey's editor-in-chief
- Down on one knee: Coca-Cola love stories to make you smile