Ever wondered what our festive ads looked like before ‘Holidays Are Coming’ became a classic? We’ve gone back to the 1950s and retrieved four British ads from our archives. Enjoy.
Christmas calls for cartons of Coke – 1958
Whether you’re having a festive party with friends or a break in a busy day,
Coca-Cola Christmas – 1958
A family of four sledges down a hill, making a pitstop for a Coke before sliding right up in front of their fireplace.
The Santa doll – 1958
In this ad we meet the Santa doll who went on to become a collector’s item. Do you have one? Cool.
Coke bottles go carol singing – 1959
As the 1950s draw to a close, four
- The lowdown on low-calorie and no-calorie sweeteners
- 'It's Beautiful': Coke Airs Inspiring Ad During Big Game
- Designated Driver: A 30-year history of campaigning for road safety
- Schweppes launches emergency Mixer Hotline with food writer Gizzi Erskine to save Christmas parties gone flat
- 6 expert tips for making the perfect Schweppes mocktail