Fancy trying tai chi? Or Nordic walking? With ParkLives we’re running a daily series of free, family-friendly outdoor activities in the heart of local communities – the parks. From Zumba to rounders, running to dog-walking, our activity sessions make the most of the great outdoors and there’s something for everyone!
The programme first kicked off in 2014 in Birmingham, Newcastle and the London borough of Newham, but we didn't stop there. In 2015, we took ParkLives to Nottingham, Manchester and Glasgow, and this year we’re launching in Dundee, Southampton, Stoke-on-Trent and Swansea.
ParkLives is a way to help communities make the most of their local parks and green spaces, meet new people, enjoy new experiences and feel inspired be a little more active. Watch the video below, and see what we mean:
Why does Coca-Cola Great Britain support ParkLives?
We’ve supported programmes which invest in the wellbeing of local communities and grassroots organisations for many years, and with ParkLives we aim to continue doing that.
Parks are special places which are real assets to local communities – they’re free, local and open to everyone. And spending time outdoors is a great way to naturally boost your mood and help bust the stress of everyday life.
We’ve committed £20m to inspire 1 million people to be active by 2020 through programmes like ParkLives, and now we are working with our community partner StreetGames to bring ParkLives to new locations and young people in disadvantaged communities across the UK.
Find out more about ParkLives, and register here: http://www.parklives.com
- Painting the town (RED) with Neil Patrick Harris: Actor joins Coca-Cola in fight against HIV/AIDS
- Photo Story: See how your donations are turned into nutritious meals for those in need with Coca-Cola and FareShare's 'Snap to Donate' campaign
- Poll: Are you the Designated Driver this Christmas?
- ‘My advice? Go for it!’: Meet an entrepreneur from Coca-Cola's 5by20 initiative in Dundee
- Meet Dodie: CokeTV presenter describes life on set, her skydive episode and meeting Rita Ora