5by20 strives to unleash the entrepreneurial potential of women.
In this series of case studies, we explore the impact on entrepreneurs such as Laly Mathebula.
In Johannesburg, South Africa, Laly has turned her late husband’s small butchers into a booming business.
Laly is a true entrepreneur, and we have been able to help her realise her vision. We helped Laly to refurbish the restaurant area of the butchery with branded signs, a big flat-screen TV, tables, chairs and more. Since the refurbishment, she has sold more than 50 cases of
Now Joe's Butchery plays an important role in Laly’s community, regularly hosting everything from women’s business groups to family reunions. It’s even been used for album launches and music video shoots.
With her best friend, she’s created a network for fellow female entrepreneurs to share what they’ve learned. They also offer short term loans to help women get started in business – with any interest earned used to pay for an annual celebration for the women and their families.
- Christmas crafts: how to make a Christmas tree decoration from our plastic bottles
- Celebrating International Women’s Day with a 5by20 success story
- 7 easy ways to spruce up your recycling routine
- Get involved! How we can ALL make a difference in the Great British Spring Clean 2018
- Get a thirst for the great outdoors with HONEST® Kids