On March 7 in Cairo,
As part of The
Coca-Cola will provide coolers, beverages and other essential goods for these women to start their retail businesses. The 5by20 program in Egypt supports the overarching objectives of the Ministry of Local Development and contributes to the National Presidential project goal of developing 250 villages across Egypt. The new partnership program’s initial focus will be on Upper Egypt, in Fayoum, Beni Suef, Minya, Assuit, Sohag and New Valley governorates, where women are in the greatest need of economic assistance. But women will not be the only ones to benefit from the new program — their communities will benefit as well.
Ghada Makady, Senior Manager of Public Affairs and Communications for
5by20 is dedicated to removing economic barriers for women — from overcoming a lack of business skills and training to providing the resources and mentors to make them successful business owners and leaders. When women do better, so do their families and their communities. Thanks to the devoted partners involved in this new program, the women and the communities of Egypt will soon have many success stories to tell.
- Innovative packaging: An introduction to PlantBottle™
- Recycling buzzwords explained: What does ‘recyclable’ mean?
The Lifecycle of a
Made locally: How
Coca-ColaEuropean Partners are investing in Scotland
Special Olympics GB and
Coca-ColaGreat Britain: in partnership for almost 40 years
More On Journey
- Entrepreneurial solutions for a more sustainable world
- Our ambition for a sustainable future: How we’re going to recover and recycle all of our packaging
- Stylist x Diet Coke’s Creators Collective: Meet the £20,000 prize winner
Behind the scenes: the lifecycle of a
- Replenishing wetlands, improving the quality of our rivers and creating new homes for wildlife