Every year, we welcome more than 15,000 secondary school, college and university students to spend the day at work with us. On a visit to one of our six education centres, they get a glimpse into the practical world of work, and they get a behind-the-scenes learning experience too.
Five of the centres are actually based inside factories – in Edmonton, Wakefield, East Kilbride, Milton Keynes and Sidcup. The sixth is in a recycling facility in Lincolnshire. We throw open the doors at all of these locations to host curriculum-focused tours.
To organise a visit, teachers can get in touch with our education team to explain the subject areas they’d like us to cover.
A typical visit lasts two hours, including a presentation in a classroom, followed by a factory tour on which students can see our high-speed production lines in action. If you’re interested in enrolling your students, or know someone who might be, all the details can be found at www.therealexperience.co.uk.
Declan Swan, Chief Executive, Institute for Education Business Exellence (IEBE) says “Coca-Cola Enterprises is a leading player in bringing the worlds of education and business closer together. The Education Centres give young people a unique insight into manufacturing.”
- Sea Life and Coca-Cola Great Britain unveil recycling experience The Loop
- ParkLives is back for its biggest year yet: 2017 brings more parks and new activities
- ParkLives shines on a sunny Lord Mayor’s Show in Birmingham
- Coca-Cola Testing Augmented Reality for Bottling Equipment Maintenance and More
- The ParkLives summer diary