You’ve probably spotted our drinks on the big screen over the years, helping filmmakers around the world tell their stories. Often it's a quick appearance that helps to set a scene; sometimes Coca‑Cola takes the spotlight.
Our drinks have been chosen by filmmakers to play a key role in some of the biggest Brit releases of recent years:
Bridget Jones Edge of Reason (2004) – The Coca‑Cola Mega Sign in London’s Piccadilly Circus is seen conveying words of encouragement to Bridget as she sets about saving her relationship with Mark Darcy.
Shaun of the Dead (2004) – This 'romantic comedy with zombies' or 'rom-zom-com' from British pair Simon Pegg and Nick Frost used the lead character's move to Diet Coke to depict his new healthy lifestyle.
Street Dance 3D (2010) – The body-popping dancers back flipping out of the screen on this uptempo UK hit kept refreshed and energised with both Powerade and Coca‑Cola.
We have also been part of some of the biggest movies of all time:
It's a Wonderful Life
George Bailey, the down-trodden protagonist of this classic festive favourite, works in a small town pharmacy. In line with Coke's beginnings in pharmacies across the States, the set features a Coca‑Cola fountain and the screen is littered with Coke memorabilia such as stained glass lamp shades and Coca‑Cola thermometers.
A Coke vending machine briefly takes centre stage when the main character needs to make a phone call to the President. As he instructs his sidekick to shoot the machine for its change, the sidekick replies that he will have to answer to The Coca‑Cola Company.
You can also catch a glimpse of Coca‑Cola’s drinks in any of these UK films from the last decade:
- 4,3,2,1 (2010) – Coca‑Cola
- Adulthood (2008) – Sprite
- Angus, thongs & perfect snogging (2008) – Oasis
- The Baker (2007) – Coca‑Cola, Sprite
- Body of Lies (2008) – Coca‑Cola
- Born Romantic (2000) – Coca‑Cola
- Bridget Jones's Diary (2001) – Diet Coke
- Goal Trilogy (2005–2009) – Coca‑Cola
- Green Zone (2010) – Coca‑Cola
- High Heels Low Lifes (2001) – Diet Coke
- I could never be your woman (2007) – Coca‑Cola
- In the loop (2009) – Diet Coke
- Love Actually (2003) – Coca‑Cola
- LD-50 (2003) – Dr Pepper
- Match Point (2005) – Malvern, Schweppes
- Proof (2005) – Diet Coke, Coca‑Cola
- School for Seduction (2004) – Coca‑Cola, Sprite
- St. Trinian’s (2007) - Sprite
- The Wedding Date (2005) – Coca‑Cola
- Wild Child (2008) – Schweppes
- Wimbledon (2004) – Schweppes, Diet Coke