“It’s an honor to support the missions of so many deserving and impactful organizations,” said Helen Smith Price, president of The
The breakdown of 2016 contributions is as follows:
- $7 million to support women’s empowerment initiatives;
- $27 million to support water and environmental initiatives; and
- $38 million to support community strengthening initiatives including education, youth development, HIV/AIDS, arts and culture, and humanitarian/disaster relief.
The amount donated in 2016 equates to 1.2 percent of the company’s 2016 operating income, surpassing its public commitment to donate at least 1 percent of operating income annually. Since 1984, The
- Recycling buzzwords explained: What are ‘renewable materials’?
- Entrepreneurial solutions for a more sustainable world
Made locally: How
Coca-ColaEuropean Partners are investing in Scotland
Behind the scenes: the lifecycle of a
- Reducing packaging footprints with microchipped bottles