Matthew Miele (Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's) will produce the as-yet-untitled film via his Quixotic Endeavors and co-direct with Justin Bare. The Coca-Cola Company has authorised the doc to tell the definitive story of the bottle’s enduring legacy on the worlds of art, culture, design, cinema and more.
“When I can hold up a Coca-Cola bottle and ask, ‘is this art or is this commerce?' and most commonly hear ‘it's both,' that sets the stage for an intriguing narrative," Miele told The Hollywood Reporter.
Quixotic will historically and artistically capture the story through diverse perspectives and interviews with luminaries across various industries. The documentary will focus on seminal moments in the brand’s history and on the life of the Coca-Cola bottle.
“We are excited to give Quixotic access to the great stories of Coca-Cola, some of which are well told while others have never been heard before, to create this authorised documentary,” added Katie Bayne, vice president of sparkling brands, Coca-Cola. "We hope that beyond being entertained, audiences worldwide will enjoy this great reminder of the brand’s lasting legacy in the year that we celebrate the 100th anniversary of our great icon, the Coca-Cola bottle.”
The documentary will premiere in November to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the official date the Coca-Cola was patented in 1915. Stay tuned for more details!
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Down on one knee: Coca-Cola love stories to make you smile
- Meet Jake: YouTuber Jake Boys on joining CokeTV with fellow presenters Manny and Dodie
- Our Designated Driver: Meet the man at the wheel of the iconic Coca-Cola Christmas Truck
- Meet the Coke Collectors: ‘Coca-Cola is the first to get new things on the market’